Your favorite fictional literary character

by daystar 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One of my favs is Roland the Gunslinger from "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm dating myself a little here, but "Kimball Kinnison" from the Lensman series by EE "Doc" Smith.

Terry:
    Predictable...

You surely have a better imagination than that?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

When I was a kid it was Anne of Green Gables. I read a LOT of sci-fi, but I don't think I identify with one certain character. I have to think about this some more.

Sherry

• Legolas
    Legolas

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

I don't think I really had to tell you all though!...LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol uh no you really didn't have to say *giggle* such a cutey!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

When I was a little kid, I really liked the Chronicles of Prydain. This is a 5 book series that is based on Welsh legend and written by award winning author, Lloyd Alexander. I really connected with the main character, Taran of Caer Dallben. He started out as an assistant pig-keeper nobody with no knowledge of his lineage or where he came from and ended up becoming High King of the whole land. He was a hero for me when I was a little guy. I acually went through and read the series again recently. I recommend these books for your kids.

-Breck

• luna2
    luna2

When I was in grade school, I got a Wizard of Oz book every birthday and Christmas from my grandmother. I was in love with Oz. I wanted to be Dorothy.

When I was a little older, Jo in the Little Women books was a favorite.

In highschool, I dunno. I was still reading, but I can't remember identifying with any particular character.

• daystar
    daystar

mrsjones

Oh yeah!! Roland comes in a close second for me! Although the "man in black" (Flagg, Linoge, etc.) almost ties him for it.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

LT

Just how much are you dating yourself though?

Second Stage Lensman by E.E ‘Doc’ Smith

FOREWORD

A couple of billion years ago, when the First and Second Galaxies were passing through each other

or

Copyright E.E Doc Smith 1950

Now, if you really want to date someone...

as seen and shown by Arthur RackhamBut a bit young for dating, so how 'bout...

alt

oops...not very literary...ok then, I'll go with Trillian from the Hitchhiker's Guide

~Merry

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Anne of Green Gables

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit