Your favorite fictional literary character

by daystar 58 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

David Copperfield; square I

I just loved that character.

And Daneel Olivaw; I was a big Asimov fan.

P

• greendawn
    greendawn

Because I love murder mystery detective stories my favourite is Sherlock Holmes living at the famous 221B Baker street flat with Watson until the latter got married. I also like so much the Victorian age setting of the stories.

• Swan
    Swan

Gosh! It is so hard to pick just one. Its narrowed down now to:

• John Carter of Mars
    • Tarzan of the Apes
    • Sherlock Holmes
    • Podkayne of Mars
    • Gandalf
    • Gollum
    • Bilbo Baggins
    • R. Daneel Olivaw
    • Nathan Brazil
    • Rex the Robot (The Runaway Robot)

So many of them influenced my life.

But the greatest influence would have to have been Valentine Michael Smith (Stranger in a Strange Land). He made me question the very foundations of my faith. Sci-fi is such a great genre, because it leads to so much questioning. Questioning leads to self awareness. Self awareness leads to freedom.

Tammy

• daystar
    daystar

swan

But the greatest influence would have to have been Valentine Michael Smith (Stranger in a Strange Land). He made me question the very foundations of my faith.

OMG! Yes! I read that a few years ago and understood immediately how that book could have spawned entire religious movements.

• Swan
    Swan

Daystar;

The character Karl in Michael Moorcock's Behold the Man was rather thought provoking also in the same kind of way.

Tammy

• daystar
    daystar
    The character Karl in Michael Moorcock's Behold the Man was rather thought provoking also in the same kind of way

Yes, I liked that one too. It's been a while since I've read it.

Heh heh... Karl died for our sins...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

View Item Details There she is!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I always liked Atticus Finch, Samwise Gamgee, Cyrano DeBergerac, Kira Argon-something or another (from We The Living), One of the main rabbits- I can't remember his name- from Watership Down...

All I can think of right now...

CYP

• daystar
    daystar

CYP

Hazel? Fiver? Bigwig?

Mine was Bigwig.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/watership/characters.html

• Celia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest