Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand! - bookstudy

by TheListener 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

On the one hand I think it is awesome when I think of the sheer mental exhaustion my wife undergo to force this "ugly-step-sister foot" into the "glass slipper" of reality....

On the other hand it makes me sick to think my wife might still be in the org when it comes time to study this garbage.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I couldnt believe it when it was studied twice in two years. I was still a devoted pioneering dub and found it absurb to think these prophecies related to conventions, and that in one scripture a day was literal and the next was figurative, so blatantly contrieved.
    To restudy it the GB is taking a huge risk of it sparking peoples interest in looking to the internet for more information on the JW history. They should stick to soppy studies on how happy every JW is and how miserable to evil world is.
    AuldSoul, very clever post.

• Latte
    Latte

Yes, it is sooooo outdated BUT.... there has been sooo much NEW LIGHT since they last studied it, I'm sure it will make sense now

The good thing is...that you won't need to underline it again! Unless of course they make everyone get a new one!

I really feel for the kids....what a BiG waste of their precious time. How it makes ones brain dead.

My last thoughts on this are

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Seattle nice guy how can you say that those were just conventions held 80 years ago? Dont you realize that those conventions corasponde to the trumpet blast of revelations.Those conventions were the fullfillment of the 3-6 blast according to the book. One would think that a trumpet blast by an angel would symbolize much more but, who am I to argue with a revelation by god given to jesus who laterals to an angel who finds john open down field for the first down.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    A close contact in bethel has confirmed that we will be studying the Let God Be True book next.

I can remember,the fanfare about this delightful waters of truth from Jehovah and getting slapped (for nodding asleep) at the Book study at our house 2XX Union st East Bridgewater Massachusetts

My poor legally blind mother,enduring having her 3 young children drilled with this bullshit, getting the house ready all afternoon for the group,and living with a total asshole psychopath PO husband (my dad)

Don't ya know this was all prepatory training for the coming attack of gog of magog we will go underground and need to meet in private homes for our spiritual food.

Yes i can remember it like it was last week.-Danny Haszard

• heathen
    heathen

I'm guessing the revelation book is the best way for them to reinforce the spiritual paradise dogma . I have read it but didn't study with them . The trumpet blasts are a way for them to say they are spirit directed without actually saying it so the mind F@#$ continues .

• TheListener
    TheListener

For the average dub the information goes right over their head or in one ear and out the other. All they really get out of the study is that the society "understands" revelation much better than any other religion and it all fits together so nicely.

The average dub won't be concerned about aging trumpet blasts or new light or anything else. They'll just be awed by the deep spiritual discussion which they don't really understand.

We all know that the WTS has a major turnout rate of adherents. There is a majority, I'll bet, that haven't studied this book formally. This recent study will use up older stock and cement in the minds of newbies how deeply spiritual the WTS is.

For thinkers - this may be the ticket out for them.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This is good news. The first study of the Revelation book got me out of the Watchtower mentally. There's still hope for the kids.

GBL

• under_believer
    under_believer

For the average dub the information goes right over their head or in one ear and out the other. All they really get out of the study is that the society "understands" revelation much better than any other religion and it all fits together so nicely.

Totally hit the nail on the head, there. Nobody understands this stuff--NOBODY. I had an elder tell me about the Daniel book "don't worry about who was actually the king of the north and the king of the south. Just remember that there always was one of each down throughout all history." It's exactly what you just said--don't worry about trying to piece it together. If you don't understand it, that's your fault. The Society will take care of everything.

• luna2
    luna2
    Perhaps they'll distribute stickers to put over the revised parts of the book!

Cool beans. That would be kinda fun. Especially if they had some illustrated stickers and not just text. The "friends" will be all agog over the new light stickers from Jah. Oooo, baby the end is comin' soon, I can feeeeel it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit