Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand! - bookstudy

by TheListener 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

They should really go for broke and study the Babylon the Great Has Fallen book, I remember as a kid people grumbling about that piece of crap, I bet it would really look like a festering turd in the light of the new millenium.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Well, that should bring more to their senses. The book is pretty ridiculous in its application of prophetic fulfillment to the JWs.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They have already "revised" it twice.It's 95% lies ...to think i use to miss $40.00 hour overtime pay back in 1989 to dash home shower,shave,put on suit & tie to 'study' that trash.

• FairMind
    FairMind

The Society has rehashed the same old and incorrect teachings to the point of beating a dead horse. I imagine many of the faithful ones are as bored to tears as I am.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Pardon my ignorance, but what are some of the things that no longer hold water in the book?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree, the Revelation book will probably never be studied again due to the fact it is so outdated. They have allready begun to reprint the book in softcover, with no changes.
    The only possibility is if they get a "revised" sheet that goes along with the book. Which would be a joke in itself. I think they will move into a more tame publication that takes them up through the end of the year when they will start on some new book released this year at the conventions.
    By the way, does anybody know what the new "provision" is yet?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

First thing they need to do is "can" the title of the book. Sounds like what I do at night before going to sleep.

Thankya thankya very much

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

prophecor said

"Pardon my ignorance, but what are some of the things that no longer hold water in the book?"

I would suggest sitting down and actually reading the book. It made some pretty big claims that I don't even think they would be willing to do today. It's like every time somebody sneezes there is a prophecy that the Watchtower fullfills. The book spends so much time putting emphesis on the Watchtower that it is more of JW pride book rather than an explanation. It was also written druing the hype of the 80's, new world order, communisum, ect. It's just not written for todays JW crowd.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Oh NO! I really hope they DON'T! That book is so well written and hard hitting that it will rouse all of Jehovah's people to great heights in dedication to the truth.

Please don't WTS! please don't!

• Calliope
    Calliope

LOL IP_SEC

i think a new release is in order since there have been so many changes.

and besides, it's such an awesome children's bedtime storybook, n'est-ce pas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit