I'm an Organ Donor

by prophecor 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• prophecor
    prophecor

what if I get into a car accident and at that very same moment Bush needs a few organs for himself? I may still be alive but they may just take my stuff anyways just to save him. freaky

Things that have made me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.majorcox.com/columns/casey.htm

• upside/down
    upside/down

I just wish someone wanted my "organ".

u/d hehehe...

• Clam
    Clam

I'm not an organ donor yet but it's something I'm going to sort out pronto. After all we are only carcasses at death so they're welcome to see if anythings inside me that may help someone else.

I believe the legal protocol is changing in the UK now whereby they assume you to be available to donate on death. This simply means that a doctor may ask the next of kin if they can use your organs, instead of only being able to do this if you're a registered donor.

Blondie if you're there, I was donating blood in the week and was looking at bone marrow literature. Is it pretty painful? I've heard it is.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I didn't sign up for it perhaps it brings close the idea of death that's why I haven't done it, but with so many unfortunate ill people waiting for organs to carry on living those that donate are doing a great deed.

• Butterfly75
    Butterfly75

I am. I won't need them so might as well go to someone who does.

• elliej
    elliej

I donated a kidney and it was the best thing I have ever done. When I go I hope to help as many people as possible.

I absolutely encourage everyone to make their wishes known to their family members and fill out the drivers lisence.

• LDH
    LDH

yep.

LOL @ auld.

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie if you're there, I was donating blood in the week and was looking at bone marrow literature. Is it pretty painful? I've heard it is.
    Potential donors must be between the ages of 18 and 60 years old and meet health guidelines. A small blood sample is taken and tested to determine the donor's tissue type. Potential donors also complete a brief health questionnaire and sign a consent form to have their tissue type listed on the Registry.

If you match someone and qualify as a donor, there is some discomfort. Personally, I have not matched anyone so can't speak directly to that.

Does donating hurt? What are the side effects?

Marrow donors can expect to feel some soreness in their lower back for a few days or longer. Donors also have reported feeling tired and having some difficulty walking. Most donors are back to their usual routine in a few days. Some may take two to three weeks before they feel completely recovered.

There is more discomfort than there is in donating blood. Most people might only be willing to do it for a family member or close friend. But some can do it for a complete stranger. Think how you would feel if the situation were reversed.

http://www.marrow.org/DONOR/abcs_of_donation.html

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey! I am too!

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

yes I am, why wouldn't you want to be? you don't need them when your dead. why not help save some one else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit