I BELIEVE THIS IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE

by Gill 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

OK. I've just read this in the March 2006 - I reckon its an out and out lie and I challenge anyone to find a school where this is happening.

This is in the Young People Ask section:

'How can I say no to sex at school?'

"Every day, kids are talking about sex. Girls even approach guys, and they have sex right there at school." - Eileen, 16.

"At my school, homosexuals do immoral things in full view of other kids and think nothing of it." - Michael, 15.

NO WONDER JWS ARE HOMESCHOOLING THEIR CHILDREN!

I do not believe for one minute this is true. If it was it would be plastered on the front of every newspaper as an outrage.

What do you think?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    "Every day, kids are talking about sex. Girls even approach guys, and they have sex right there at school." - Eileen, 16.

"At my school, homosexuals do immoral things in full view of other kids and think nothing of it." - Michael, 15.

I think its bollocks too....my better half is a teacher...she should know!

These things might happen in the most extreme of circumstances but they are hardly common place; whoever the society interviewed are obviously talking out of their arses...but what would you expect from a 15 and 16 year old being brought up as they are.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    'How can I say no to sex at school?

By simply saying that school is the not the appropriate place and that they should consider a more suitable venue!!

How hard can that be???

• Calliope
    Calliope

it's probably true.

if we were allowed to sneak around drinking, smoking or doing pot back in my day, then likely, kids have moved on to other taboos... but that's no excuse for taking JW kids out of school. we have enough ill-equipped JW kids in society as it is.

• willy_think
    willy_think

I never had sex in school but one of my buddies did. This was in 1986 so it is not so very new.

• daystar
    daystar

This is typical JW propaganda. They like to take relatively rare issues and present them in such a way that one might think it's happening all over the place, and is out of control.

I just think about all the propaganda when I was a teen... "peer pressure" was the phrase of the day back then. In my entire life, I've never felt pressured into doing drugs or having sex just because "everyone else" was doing it. First, "everyone else" was not doing it! I have never been approached with a drug and then scoffed at because I turned it down. People who do the occasional drug just don't care all that much if other people do or do not.

They should focus much, much more on developing strong, independent, focused individuals. But of course, if they do that, then they run the risk of losing them. It works much better for them to keep them weak and then just demonize everything else.

• Gill
    Gill
    it's probably true.

Calliope - that's not enough. I don't doubt an occassional 'bump' has happened somewhere BUT..please not the quote from the lad that 'homosexuals do immoral things in full view of others.' Does homophobia make this very likely to be true?

This article makes it appear that school is one big orgy. Do you really think that is likely?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Well, I work in a high school and many of the kids are quite active..... but not THAT active on campus!

Lots of hugs and kisses, both heterosexual and homosexual couples, the girls do sometimes approach the boys...but no actual sex at school.

That I have seen anyway, thank God! (Unless you count hugs and kisses as sex...)

So yes, I would say this is a lie. The JWs get their power by making the rank and file terrified of the outside world, and this is just another example of that.

(It is sad however, that our pregnancy rate shows they are having unprotected sex outside of school. )

• Gill
    Gill

OK - A little furthur along:

'As pointed out earlier, your classmates may talk about sex ALL the time or make boasts about their alleged encounter.'

Talk about sex ALL THE TIME......would they?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    please not the quote from the lad that 'homosexuals do immoral things in full view of others.' Does homophobia make this very likely to be true?

It depends what you mean by 'immoral things.' To a JW, a short homosexual kiss would be immoral, and we do have some homosexual kisses on our campus, in full view of others.

It is kind of silly really that they said 'homosexuals' at all, as if heterosexuals don't do immoral things in full view of others.

The article doesn't say what 'immoral things' are, and lets you fill in the blanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit