How will it be after the WTBTS will have fallen ?

by Genesis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

Elsewhere: (i know it may not be your chart) but I wonder how the graph would look against a general population percentage slope. It seems like the increase to 1950 parallels the Baby Boom and of course we all know about the peak leading to 1975.

So the point is that chart may not tell the whole story as accurately as possible. i would like to see just a plot of totals (I am working on some graphs myself) because using % of annual growth also seems incorrect to use.

I mean there are only so many millions of people that are going to convert to being JWs and eventually there will be a point where there is 0% world growth versus % leaving over a long period of time (not just over a year or two).

Also using percentage doesn't quite tell the whole story 1% of a million is much less than 1% growth of 6 million member organization.

-------

turning to the topic of the thread,

It is no secret that I believe that the body of Jehovah's Wtinesses are headed for a downfall within the next 30 years IF some major changes are not made.

I believe that if the changes which I believe will be made are made, that the Religion will thrive and continue to experience even more growth eventually reaching its natural plateau.

As far as the question of the thread, I believe the resulting culture of the religion will resemble something like the present Bible Student groups of today, but with a "Bethel" and possibly a publication, ala Zion's Watch Tower, that serves as unifying tool but without the hierarchical-authoritative-domineering qualities that Bethel or the Org still has. There will be no GB and no need for any publishing empire as the evangelization will continue without the use of such "aids" and via informal word of mouth and by serving as living examples of fine Christians.

There will still be an Adventist hope that is generalized in a patient wait for Christ's Second Coming but the focus will be in developing good Christian qualities in daily living and thus attracting others to emulate us. The days of prophecy and speculation and in rule-making and legalism will be over and persons will live by their individual bible-trained consciences. On the whole the relationship between those "Christian Witnesses" and other faiths and religions will be much more tolerant if not quite accepting.

This is not just a Utopian view of the Organization, I believe that it is one definite possibility.

But if these changes are not made, then in the downfall that will surely result after all of the FDS are dead, I believe a relatively quick exodus over the span of a decade or two at most will lead to a significant drop in membership.

But we must remember that there are still small groups of certain religions which the average reasonable person would scratch there head at so I can easily imagine that after such an exodus over an extended period of time that those calling themselves JWs could easily number anywhere between 1 million to 3 million or more by the year 2200.

So long as there is some form of Adventism within the JW theology, this will always be attractive to a certain number of persons as a faith-paradigm.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Danny - With regards to their being 'not much growth in England', I'm sure that is true. However, my own experience from the few congregations that I know of is that they have a decline of a minimum of say 10% in publishers and some even more. Now, how come the UK isn't showing decline in its figures even if you do work out averages.

I believe we're in for a shock in a few years when someone posts on here from Bethel, and tells us how they used to doctor the figures for publishers as the decline began in earnest, probably a couple of years ago.

Did not have GB (great brittan) some year of negative growth? (I'm not sure, and too lazy to look it up)
    Anyway, people move, new congregations are added. Lot of forigners come to england. Some of them are already JW, from africa or caribean. I had the priveledge of counting people on district assembies, and know at least that those figures are about right. (Not as accurate, as they like to tell), but in the right order of magnitude.
    When you see the attendance of all congregations, you can see that the number of pubs, must be well at least in the right order. Can not be more then 5% div, to the number they give. Danny

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    But we must remember that there are still small groups of certain religions which the average reasonable person would scratch there head at so I can easily imagine that after such an exodus over an extended period of time that those calling themselves JWs could easily number anywhere between 1 million to 3 million or more by the year 2200

In 2200, we will have got a complete new world system and the possibility on everlasting life and youth with or without any WTBS. You may absolutely trust in my words (record it;-).

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I wouldn't count on it hon, it's going to become more of a cult for the poor in the future, but it will still exist. Your friends and family will have to go on their own journeys out, but they probably won't do so for many years. You can be there for them then, but in the meantime get on with the good stuff in life and gulp down this freedom we've just gotten.

I wasted many years; not going to waste any more!

• heathen
    heathen

This is one interesting cult to research tho .By all rights they should have folded several times over already . Whenever they got shut down by the government in the early twentieth century for one. Even tho every prophesy of the end of the world was wrong at the time they managed to even grow after that. Now after 100 yrs. existence they make the same mistakes over and over and stay a float . How they do that ?

• Think
    Think

How they stay afloat? With devil hand help. He IS still the ruler of this world, according to the Bible.

As long as Satan float, his followers float too.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Nice chart, Else! I can copy it and make a snazzy needlepoint wallhanging (suitable for framing) that I can sell (donate) to the local Kingdom Hell.

The only way I can see the WTS even come close to reviving itself, is that all the crowed about "millions that will never die"---WILL die, and the musty, old, faulty and inaccurate teachings will be forbidden to be talked about and only "new light" will be on the plate.

Annie

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

Sunspot

The only way I can see the WTS even come close to reviving itself, is that all the crowed about "millions that will never die"---WILL die, and the musty, old, faulty and inaccurate teachings will be forbidden to be talked about and only "new light" will be on the plate.

Not necessary to "forbid"! Why should they forbid any quoting?. Decreasing the numbers of quotes in literature adaptively (yr by yr) is enough, und much more helpful. The JW`s forget more and more, they become old and forgetful (alz..), and finally they die. The next JW-generation does not remember "old light". In contrary, they will shun those who insist on "old light" (if they are living yet..)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit