How will it be after the WTBTS will have fallen ?

by Genesis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

For myself :

I sometimes imagine that the WT is destroyed (mental masturbation yeah) and all the people left without hope, sanity and joy.

This will be terrible in itself, if the WT falls suddently I fear a mass suicide.I recall myself thinking that Id would rather die that not be in "The Truth". It will be a terrible shock for everybody.

But on the otherside, all my longtime friends will be freed. I will be there for them. I will help them cure and enjoy life.

In itself it will be a great event to have the WTBTS destroyed no matter what it costs !

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Yeah keep on dreaming (that doesn't hurt)

but the WTS will not fall any time soon. And will not fall suddenly.
    You can get away with a lot worse things then the WTS has done, see catholic church.

and even if the WTS was suddenly no more. Brooklyn Nuked or something, the dubs would still carry on. 5 meetings a week. Just repeat the Watchtower of last year etc. (said to say, but probably true)

Danny

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Dannys got it on this one. No matter what happens, there are going to be core believers. Just think of the Russellites! They still keep hanging on. Anything that happens will be gradual and slow, they will pass away some day like the rest of the religious movements in history that eventually faded away. Just another sentence in a history book they will become, just like the rest.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Best case scenario would be a slow reduction/fade of this religion resulting in just a few JW camps in kentucy. However I don't see that happening, I think they'll always be around

as there will always be mentally unstable people looking for such a religion. What I don't see happening is a major increase as we've seen in years past. Even Third world countries

that are more receptive to the JW's will soon be tapering off.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There will be many puzzled JWs because they are expecting God to bless the org by passing it safe and unharmed through the great tribulation. Instead it will collapse and come to nothing.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Unfortunately, the wts won't fall quickly. If it did, I fear for the sanity of many long - term jws, I doubt they'd cope without Brooklyn around to run their lives for them.

I do however see the membership continuing to fall as more people find sites like this one or read books like Crisis of Concsience and realise how they have been duped, but the org will be around for a very long time yet.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hopefully when it falls, we'll have Jesus to replace it so the people in it will see the truth of the WT and nothing will be in the darkness. They will hopefully know exactly how harmful the WT is and that it was God that destroyed the WT and not Satan or man....I think it will take God to take it down....it's too powerful. It will be so wonderful for people to know what is the truth and what is a lie and who is really the good guys and who are the bad guys. I'm thinking of the scripture...

ICor. 1:27.....But God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame".....

So someday the truth will come out.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS is currently in the process of dieing.

Unlike many other cults, it will not suddenly "explode", instead it will continue to suffer from severe attrition and will eventually die with a quiet whimper.

The reason it will die like this is because it is no longer controlled by a single charismatic leader. After Knor the WTS changed into a cult lead by a committee of conservative men. Committees tend to change direction more slowly which is why the WTS will die slowly.

If the WTS was still being controlled by a single charismatic leader he would be more prone to making sudden, erratic moves and changes. It's these erratic moves and changes that cause most other cults to explode.

Instead of having millions of "lost souls" wondering around in shock, you will instead have millions of people who will say: "I wasn't really following that organization... I was just hanging out and studying their books and never felt compelled to do anything they told me to do."

Amazingly most will never admit to having been a part of the cult because in their mind it never really existed, the same way most JWs don't remember how 1975 was pumped up and then failed.

• heathen
    heathen

I really don't think the WTBTS will be erradicated . For instance the branch davidians in wacco texas simply rebuilt where they were burnt out . I am going to put my money on the catholic church being brought down before the WTBTS is. The WTBTS is at least willing to adjust their reasoning tho they be slow at doing it . They are still obviously wrong on alot of dogma but that doesn't mean a charismatic leader won't show up and make some serious changes.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

The WTS will have to make major changes in its doctrine if it plans to continue. Many will continue to leave over the tortured logic of what remains. I don't think they will disappear though. The SDAs think Christ returned in an invisible fashion back in 1844 and they are still alive and kicking.

When a group's doctrines no longer make sense they just discuss them less. I noticed that before I left.

Changes will come quitely, liberalism will grow. The average new comer will be one who does not do alot of research and just likes color pictures and a busy schedule.

Quality of life on earth is getting increasingly better. The annointed are getting increasingly older. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit