Are you in a cult and want out? Be on the Dr. Phil show!

by Dogpatch 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheryl
    Sheryl

You hate Dr. Phil? Why? I agree he has some insecurity issues (has to always remind us how very macho he is....)....but I feel I've learned some things from his show. My criteria for a cult is this: How easy is it to LEAVE?? Ordinary religions will share you here and there - no shunning, etc. But just try to leave a cult and see what they can do to you!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

BTT http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9833 In a cult and want out? SIGN UP DR PHIL SHOW ON CULTS all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing

• onesong
    onesong

Even if you're not willing to be on the show I think it might be good to fill out the application. The more the producers see the name Jehovah's Witnesses mentioned the more it may get their attention.

And even if no Witnesses appear on the show at least someone will have read the e-mails and be aware. I think any and every opportunity we have to speak out should be maximized.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Copy that mates

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Even if you're not willing to be on the show I think it might be good to fill out the application. The more the producers see the name Jehovah's Witnesses mentioned the more it may get their attention.

And even if no Witnesses appear on the show at least someone will have read the e-mails and be aware. I think any and every opportunity we have to speak out should be maximized.

Spot on! I agree there could be some dangers here. Persons who would be willing to to this would certainly be df'd immediately. Family would shun them most likely. And I suppose, there is the off chance that some nut-case Jw could try and do the world a service by taking the person out [ I personnally feel this is a low risk in most cases ] . Many have stated that they would like to get out with a bang and not a whimper - if I was an active witness I would sign up in a NY minute. I hope we see someone from the witness cult on that show. This would go a long way toward freeing many. Jeff

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Health reasons permit me from actually travelling there, but this would be an excellent place to make a few points of my own concerning MY 30 years in this cult.

GREAT suggestion! And thank you for saying this.

hugs,

Annie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Video of episodes are $30.00 Appearing on the show FYI If you're under 18, you must have a parent or guardian fill out the form. If you would like Dr. Phil's life strategy advice, and are willing to appear on the show, please send us your story. Sending us an e-mail is your consent that the material may be used on the show or Web site. Dr. Phil is a renowned life strategist, best-selling author and psychologist. As host of his own show, he continues to offer his unique tell-it-like-it-is brand of advice on a full range of topics. He does not and will not administer individual, group or medical therapy; his advice, opinions or statements should not be considered individual, group or medical therapy or a substitute or replacement for those therapies.
    You might receive a call from one of our show producers inviting you to share your story on the air, and you might be asked to join us in the studio to speak face-to-face with Dr. Phil. Unfortunately, due to the volume of letters we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every e-mail. We do not pay for suggestions or ideas. We look forward to hearing from you!
    For information on DrPhil.com's privacy policy, click here.

Rank* Program Originator Household Rating** Total Viewers***
    1 Wheel Of Fortune Kingworld Media Sales 8.3 12,453,000
    2 ESPN NFL Regular Season ESPN 8.2 12,426,000
    3 Oprah Winfrey Show (AT) Kingworld Media Sales 7.3 9,306,000
    4 Evry Lvs Raymond-Syn (AT) Kingworld Media Sales 6.4 9,419,000
    5 Jeopardy Kingworld Media Sales 6.3 9,115,000
    6 Seinfeld (AT) Sony Pictures TV 5.7 8,223,000
    6 Seinfeld-Wknd (AT) Sony Pictures TV 5.6 7,729,000
    8 Dr. Phil Show (AT) Kingworld Media Sales 5.3 6,831,000
    8 Entertainment Tonight (AT) Paramount 5.3 7,153,000
    10 Friends (AT) Warner Bros. 5.1 7,351,000
    * Rank is based on U.S. Household Rating % from Nielsen Media Research's National People Meter Sample
    ** A household Rating is t he estimate of the size of a television audience relative to the total universe, expressed as a percentage. As of September 26, 2005, there are an estimated 110.2 million television households in the U.S. A single national household ratings point represents 1%, or 1,102,000 households.
    *** Total viewers includes all persons over the age of two.
    (S) Special
    Updated every Wednesday

As many viewers watch DR Phil as the claimed worldwide membership of the Watchtower

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    You might receive a call from one of our show producers inviting you to share your story on the air, and you might be asked to join us in the studio to speak face-to-face with Dr. Phil

Yes they do Telephone hookups too if your invalid or camera shy

• DannyHaszard
  • Nellie
    Nellie

This is an oximoron - nobody thinks they're in a cult. It isn't until you get out that you can see with clear understanding that it was a cult.

Ok - maybe there are some who know that JWs are a cult and are "in" for other reasons. But they're not really "in" - they're "leading double lives." No true believer wants out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit