THE STONES STUNK

by wednesday 53 Replies latest social entertainment

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

This is what happens when Christian Fundies piss and moan. They ruin a great venue for everyone. Show me a boob anyday over these geretric goons. Waiting for them to come out using walkers and canes. How pathetic.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hey you guys, I saw the stones in concert in Sydney two years ago and they rocked.

I don't know how many songs they did at the superbowl, I guess it would only be a few cause there's a game to play too......maybe they just need some warm-up time. you know to loosen up those old arthritic joints!!

but seriously, they still had it two years ago. We had a great night!

D (pick the stones out of your own eyes before the boulders from others class!)

• blondie
    blondie

After Janet's boob flashing incident, I'm sure the Stones were given a lot or rules and restrictions as to what they could and could not do....

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

I thought the pauses were because Mick ran out of breath. I thought it was great entertainment (not great singing), and the stage ingenious. They USED that stage and made sure that nearly everyone in that huge stadium got a good 360 degree view.

• kid-A
    kid-A

ah yes, Ye Olde Rolling Stones.......

Their last work of genius was exile on main street, a great album, but that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. They seem more suited for Las Vegas now. Kinda sad. But if I can still pull something like that off at 60 I wont be complaining!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i thought the performance was poor....but i think a great deal of outside performances are

i saw them a few years back and they were brilliant...so i dont think age is the factor

i didnt think the u2 performance a while ago was anything special...but go see their whole live show to witness an event.

if you get the chance to see the stones on tour dont let this performance put you off

and it was live...not mimed..and the stage was cool

tijkmo..of the i'm gonna play the superbowl someday soon class

• sir82
    sir82
    I noticed that Mick stopped at "You make a dead man..." towards the end of Start Me Up.

I wonder if ABC told him he couldn't sing that line.

He sang it.

ABC had a 5-second delay on the broadcast. Some politically-correct flunky was sitting in a control booth with his finger hovering over the "mute" button just in case ol' Mick actually sang the verboten words. He also bleeped out a lyric in the 2nd, new song.

Since the "wardrobe malfunction" and the threat of multi-million dollar fines for corrupting the virginal eyes or ears of America's impressionable youth, this is what you can expect from now on.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It was boring. (yawn)

And I've never been so thankful to not have a hd tv. I think Mick died back in 89 and has been replaced by an anorexic shar-pei

• wednesday
    wednesday

Well, we big rock singers, we got golden fingers, and we’re loved everywhere we go.
    (That sounds like us)
    We sing about beauty and we sing about truth at ten thousand dollars a show.
    We take all kind of pills to give us all kind of thrills but the thrill we’ve never known
    Is the thrill that’ll getcha when you get your picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone – wanna see my picture on the cover-
    Stone- wanna buy 5 copies for my mother-
    Stone- wanna see my smilin’ face
    on the cover of the Rolling Stone.
    (That’s a very good idea…)

I got a freaky old lady name a’ Cocaine Kitty who embroiders on my jeans.
    I got my poor old gray-haired daddy
    drivin’ my limousine.
    Now it’s all designed to blow our minds
    but our minds won’t really be blown
    like the blow that’ll getcha when you get your picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone- wanna see our pictures on the cover-
    Stone- wanna buy 5 copies for our mothers-
    Stone- wanna see my smilin’ face
    on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

who do anything we say.
    We got a genuine Indian guru
    who’s teachin’ us a better way.
    We got all the friends that money can buy
    so we never have to be alone.
    And we keep getting’ richer but we can’t get our picture
    on the cover of the Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone- wanna see my picture on the cover-
    Stone- wanna buy 5 copies for my mother-
    Stone- wanna see my smilin’ face on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

On the cover of the Rolling…
    Wanna see my picture on the cover-
    wanna buy 5 copies for my mother-
    wanna see my smilin’ face on the cover of the Rolling Stone.

• TopHat
    TopHat

What the heck were those shoes they were wearing...made Mick jump around on toes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit