THE STONES STUNK

by wednesday 53 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I noticed that Mick stopped at "You make a dead man..." towards the end of Start Me Up.

I wonder if ABC told him he couldn't sing that line.

He sang it.

ABC had a 5-second delay on the broadcast. Some politically-correct flunky was sitting in a control booth with his finger hovering over the "mute" button just in case ol' Mick actually sang the verboten words. He also bleeped out a lyric in the 2nd, new song.

Since the "wardrobe malfunction" and the threat of multi-million dollar fines for corrupting the virginal eyes or ears of America's impressionable youth, this is what you can expect from now on.

I believe it Dan, buying-up-South-Park-DVD's-before-the-fundies-take-over class

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yep, they stunk real bad. But who out there DIDN'T know that before last night? They have been stinking for years, but people dont care IT'S THE F****N STONES MAN!
    Sometimes taking things past their prime ain't such a good thing. We all got a good laugh at it though.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I agree with those of you who have seen them live. I have seen them several times in the last 25 yrs, and they put on one hell of a show. As far as them being has beens and such, if I could ONLY be half as energetic in my 60s as they are, I would be thrilled. Also, I believe an artist of any kind who loves their art, doesn't just want to roll over and die and stop feeling the need to create because of another birthday. How rotten is that? Unfortunately the rock world and fans (and Hollywood), are not so kind to older artists.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I want a pair of Mick's shoes.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit