Our friend PUTERNUT has died

by Nathan Natas 82 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Dear God!

I missed all his posts. Was he a victim of abuse???

Why did I never read a word of his??

I am crying with anguish - Screen name "Puternut" just got me thinking he was an IT fanatic. Damn WT judgementalism.

Nobody can go back.

HB

• kls
    kls

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/107055/1.ashx

Hammy , Nos has made a post for all those who didn't know him.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This is really sad.

I feel for his family and especially for his daughters. Now they will not have the opportunity of getting to know him adult to adult and perhaps exploring why he made his choices and felt the way he did about the religion.

I think it is unfair for persons to blame Jehovah's Witnesses or DFing or the Society for Ari's suicide. Thousands of us are DF'd and we are not all taking our life. For someone to make this choice involves a host of reasons that differ with the individual, and while being disfellowshipped is certainly a tremendous grief and strain for some, it is almost certainly not the only factor involved. No one can say for certain that he would not have commited suicide if there had not been any shunning by his family. Most likely there were a number of things weighing upon the man and it is a tragedy that there was no one that could intervene, but we do not know what was in his heart and mind or his circumstances or whether he was truly well mentally.

Yet, it is at times when we are in the deepest pit of despair that we need to be able to reach out to our loved ones. Even though his daughters, ex, or family may have been there for him had Ari done so, if in his mind he wasn't able to because of being disfellowshipped, it is yet another reason why the practice must end and why all Witnesses should refuse to comply with it or to promote it. To shun or not fellowship with another person should be a matter of personal conscience based upon personally known facts or circumstances. The practice as established within Jehovah's Witnesses needs to and must end there is no doubt of that.

For anyone that might be feeling anything like Ari was going through or who might be thinking of taking their own life, and most of us have thought about it from time to time, please talk to someone, anyone, and share your feelings and where you are at. And don't be afraid to ask for help.

peace,

Eduardo

• misspeaches
  • Sassy
    Sassy

Here is his last post. I can't help to feel he's talking to us from the other side:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/103676/1.ashx

There is much news to report. It's hopefull when we hear about the news that Barbara is bringing forward. Though hopeful to some, a shruck of the shoulder to others, the news is that most ex witnesses and many others are working hard to expose the watchtower society for their falsehoods and secrecies. A dent is being made in the work we have to do.

We must also give thought to those who are working hard in behalf of the children who are continued to be molested. I also encourage all of us here to support the Silent Lambs just the same. Though some of the progress is slow, we simply don't give up. Combined we all can make a dent to expose the former organization.

At the same time I wish to give thought to remember that, though we may be angry at what we individually experienced at the hands of that organization. We should really show empathy for those who are still left in. Some of us still have family members, friends or loved ones left there. And we simply can't be too overly angry at those who are not responding to our efforts to help them. We were in that organization once, and can remember how we felt toward outsiders, no matter what capacity we served in. So I hope we can show a measure of empathy and patience, along with endurance.

It is with kindness, persistance and compassion that we will make progress. Be prepared to receive them with open arms real soon.

With much Aloha from Maui, Hawaii

Ary aka Puternut

Actually that was the last thread he made.. I never saw it before now. Sad that it only got one comment.

His actual last post here was in January.... He said:

You never graduate from the board. It's like the old theocratic school.

I miss the old crew also, but I don't visit here too often. There are many that have left the board, I do still visit the board at times but there seems to be a 'turnover' every so many years.

Glad you remembered me, I hope all is well with you these days.

Aloha,

Puternut

• prophecor
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hemingway called them "black ass days". I damn near did it myself once.

I'm so very, very sorry to all who cared for Ary.

Be well my friend and find peace.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Oroborus, if you were familiar with Ary, you would not be so quick to dismiss JW and Watchtower culpability in his death. :( Especially in an instance such as this where it is not a legal or philosophical debate, one would think you would inform yourself before you begin speaking.

• Calliope
    Calliope

terribly sad...

i did not know him when he lived. but all your posts have made him alive in our minds.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
    And, in parting from you now,
    Thus much let me avow--
    You are not wrong, who deem
    That my days have been a dream;
    Yet if hope has flown away
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,
    Is it therefore the less gone?
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
    Of a surf-tormented shore,
    And I hold within my hand
    Grains of the golden sand--
    How few! yet how they creep
    Through my fingers to the deep,
    While I weep--while I weep!
    O God! can I not grasp
    Them with a tighter clasp?
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?

e.a.poe

• Quotes
    Quotes

I never knew him in person, only from his many posts here. I occasionally thought of Peternut in his post-JW life, on the beach in Hawaii, after he told us he'd moved there. I was happy for him. He got his act together, was living his dreams, getting on with his life: an inspiration to the rest of us battered survivors of Watchtowerism.

And now he is gone.

I feel like I've just been kicked in the head.

I'm raising a glass to you, Ary. You are loved.

~Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit