Flood/Bristlecone Pine: For bible believers: please answer

by skyman 50 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

Using overlapping tree ring patterns from dead and still living Bristlecone pines shows a 100% provable climate for California for over 10,000 years thus proving the the great flood did not happen as far back as 10,000 years ago.

www.americanforests.org/productsandpubs/ magazine/archives/2004winter/feature1_1.php - 19k

www.unmuseum.org/radiocar.htm - 8k

• skyman
    skyman

Forgot this link www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/ science_nature/archaeological_dating.shtml - 27k -

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT.

This stuff is important.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao! I just saw something funny in the Advertisements on this page. It appears Slipnslide Master has found a way to advertise here: Google Ads!

I just saw this above:

alt

• blondie
    blondie

JW would respond to this this way:

w01 7/1 p. 22 Trees That Stand the Test of Time ***

Some claim that Methuselah, a bristlecone pine growing at an elevation of 10,000 feet [3,000 m] in the White Mountains of California, is 4,700 years old. The Guinness Book of Records 1997 cites this specimen as the oldest living tree on the planet. Edmund Schulman, who made a study of these ancient trees, explained: "The bristlecone pine . . . seems to survive because of adversity. All the older individuals [pine trees] in the White Mountains are found near 10,000 feet [3,000 m] in a dry, rocky wilderness." Schulman also discovered that the oldest specimens of other pines likewise grew in harsh conditions.

*** w73 2/1 p. 84 Will Your Days Be "Like the Days of a Tree"? ***Since the flood of Noah’s day was some 4,300 years ago, are we to believe that some trees now standing, like the bristlecone pine that is said to be 4,600 years old, survived that event intact?

The possibility cannot be entirely dismissed. However, in view of the enormity of the Flood and the destructive effect of water, it seems rather unlikely. (Compare Psalm 104:6-8.) This, too, adds to the doubtfulness of the accuracy of tree-ring dating methods.

• hawkaw
  • hawkaw
  • hawkaw
    hawkaw

deleted

• Severus
    Severus

Please stop confusing the Truth with facts and let JW's get on with their fiction.

• Buster
    Buster

Thanks for the quote, Blondie.

That quote should be shown to any prospective JW bible study victim. Yup, when faced with an apparent conflict between their understanding and evidence of tree rings, they doubt the tree rings.

- Just grin and shake my head. I used to be one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit