Before or after?

by flag 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

After. I was having some doubts but still attending, then I joined this forum and did some research on freeminds and other sites, and that was enough for me.

• startingover
    startingover

I left mentally before, physically after

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I left 7 yrs before I logged on.

The evidence was in front of my face even without the net.

Frannie

• Kaput
    Kaput

Left after finding out about the UN/NGO affair on the internet. That, by itself, was enough for me.

that's why I have to wear a Mask and not use my real name, so that no one will discover the true indentity of the Lone Ranger.

Can I have a silver bullet?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Long before...Left in 81-82. It was nice when I got my first computer access in 97 to confirm all I knew about the Borg.

Sure is nice now to be able to hang around with fellow Poztatesā„¢

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Before!

• Es
    Es

I left before the internet

es

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I can't pin the decision down, so I'd have to say that sneaking a peek a few years ago got the ball rolling. I had to be disfellowshipped to happily sign on, but a few months after that I realised I never want to go back, because I'd seen too much on the web to pretend it was believable.

• kazar
    kazar

I left after finding this website.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I left before I looked on the internet, in fact for a good while after I still felt bad to look at sites like this. I felt there was little love and the congregations were full of politics, with Pharasaical rules imposed on the followers, in the end all the guilt loaded on me made me unhappy and I couldnt see myself attaining paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit