Jehovah's Witness skating parties were da bomb!

by PaNiCAtTaCk 41 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Sorry I dont think I know anyone from Westfork. I do know lots of people though so a last name would help.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Back around 1980, the canadian bethel had a skating rink on it's premises. They had some fairly serious hocky going on. They had an exprofessional player called tom edger working at bethel. Maybe his presence had some influence.

S

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT
    Sorry I dont think I know anyone from Westfork. I do know lots of people though so a last name would help.

Huckins, Hooten, Wisdom, Rhodes?

• JH
    JH

A place to meet super hot sisters hey....

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

sorry, those names dont ring a bell.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Oh, I remember these all too well.

For "my generation", skating is really a past time for kids 8th grade and under. That stands for the worldly people as well.

Years ago, I remember my friends mom walking out onto the floor in shoes and wheeling him away by the ear because they were playing Lou Vega's "Mambo #5". So for the rest of that day, everytime that played that song (seemed like every other 3 songs) we would go play air hockey.

This past summer, some of the teens decided to do a thing for the kids, so we picked them all up, took the rowdy little bastards to McDonald's to eat, then took em skating. None of them could stay awake for the meeting the next day though.

Its weird being there when you're older than 70% of the employees-- at 17! Actually, while we were there, this little 13 year old worldly girl was trying to mack on me. We couple skated to the Titanic song. Still haven't lived that one down...

• damselfly
    damselfly

I used to love these! We had a lake in front of my house growing up, so all winter we would have the kids from the hall over on Sunday afternoons and Thursday nights. We were never actively chaperoned at these ones because the parents could just look out my parent's living room window every so often.

We would also go to a pond that was on another JW's family property but were very actively chaperoned at these ones, to the degree that the boys and girls just didn't even really bother talking to each other.

Dams

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yep...at the rink in Milton, MA...later in Braintree or Quincy. Every Sunday night through the winter.

Coffee

• JohnnyMarr
    JohnnyMarr

We had rollerskating parties in Augusta GA every Sunday after the meeting back in the early to mid 80's. Then along came Hudson Owens. Quite possibly the meanest, cruelest, intolerant circuit overseer to hook up to a camper. They pretty much fizzled out after he bullied the elders around town into stopping them. Those were defenitely good times.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They were OK. I wouldn't call them "Da Bomb" at least not in my neck of the woods. But I did go to a kickass jw teen party in Hollister, Ca once.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit