Jehovah's Witness skating parties were da bomb!

by PaNiCAtTaCk 41 Replies latest jw friends

• meems101
    meems101

Blondie I remember that article. it was so ridiculous. when i was a kid we used to have end of school year parties for all the kids. and one year, gasp, we had a treasure island theme, my mother was called to the back room because there was the skull and crossbone on the invitation. that was in the 70's.

the year before i graduated from high school (82), there was a group that was a year older than me, they were only permitted to go to the prom as a group. when i went to mine, i went with a really great guy who was always at our house on sundays after the meetings. a couple of years later he was df'd for dating a divorced woman with a child.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Yep,we did em too

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

We had them too in Tasmania. They got my virginal teenage hormones jumping. Also ballroom dancing lessons.
    Over the years they would get more popular, then some JW's would fornicate afterwards and they would be stopped by the elders. A couple of years later they would slowly restart until something would wrong again.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Panic Attack

We may know each other or know the same people.

purps

Were you in central Arkansas?

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

funny how the JW's take something and run with it. Whether its skating parties or business pyramid schemes. Its usually worldwide. I guess it truly is a worldwide brotherhood:)

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Around here every Sunday night was skating night. People came from all over and it rocked! I could skate my ass off, and when the lights went out and the slow music came on, most of us were out there slow skating together..........I was usually too chicken to ask a girl to skate though.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

purplesofa I messaged you.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Did all the JWs clear the floor when an "inapropriate" song come on, like they did here? It was hilarious when the rink was full of almost all JWs and there were only a couple "worldly" people left to skate til the end of the song.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yep, we had 'em in minnesota. As mentioned by Blondie, it was rarely hosted by an elder or servant,, ours were always hosted by someone 'weak' in the 'truth'. I am thankful

she went against the counsel and continued to host these skating parties, cuz at that pathetic point in my life I needed as much 'normal' social interaction as i could get.

• Highlander
    Highlander

thinking about these skating parties, caused me to remember a dance party we had. I was slow dancing with my g/f and I remember some elders yelling out to us,

"make sure we can see some holy spirit between the two of you!!!" I just shook my head, pulled her closer and whispered, 'here's my holy spirit for ya'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit