IT HAS BEGUN "BIG" NEWS ON AP NEWS WIRE

by DannyHaszard 402 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/bloodless/blood_jchart.html Hospital page Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that blood has sacred meaning, and that it should not be removed from the body and stored, nor should donor blood be taken in during a transfusion. Therefore, Witnesses do NOT accept blood products containing major blood fractions (see chart below) or any technique that involves blood storage. chart below further defines the position of Jehovah's Witnesses. It lists which techniques are clearly acceptable (there are many!) and which are a matter of personal decision.

ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVES
    Blood-oxygen monitoring devices
    • Transcutaneous pulse oximeter
    • Pediatric ultra-microsampling equipment
    • Multiple tests per blood draw (batching)
    Hematopoietic agents
    • IV Iron (InFed, Ferrlicet, Venofer)
    • Folic Acid
    • Vitamin B-12
    • Vitamin C
    • Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (Neupogen)
    • Interleukin-11 (Neumega)
    • Recombinant stem-cell factor (Stemgen)
    Operative and anesthetic techniques
    • Hypotensive anesthesia
    • Induced hypothermia
    • Mechanical occlusion of bleeding vessel
    Hemostatic agents for bleeding/clotting Topical
    • Avitene
    • Gelfoam
    • Oxygel
    • Surgicel
    Injectable
    • Desmopressin (DDAVP)
    • e-aminocaproic acid (Amicar)
    • Tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron)
    • Vasopressin (Pitressin)
    • Aprotinin (Trasylol)
    • Vincristine (Oncovin)
    • Conjugated estrogens
    • Vitamin K (Phylonadione)
    • Recombinant Factor VIIa (NiaStase)
    • Recombinant Factor IX (BeneFIX)
    Volume expanders: Crystalloids
    • Ringer's lactate
    • Normal and hypertonic saline
    Volume expanders: Colloids
    • Dextran
    • Gelatin
    • Hetastarch (Hespan, Hextend)
    • Pentastarch
    Oxygen therapy
    • Hyberbaric oxygen therapy
    • Perfluorocarbon solutions (Oxygent)
    Surgical devices and techniques
    • Electrocautery
    • Ligasure vessel sealing system
    • Laser surgery
    • Argon beam coagulator
    • Gamma knife radiosurgery
    • Microwave coagulating scalpel
    • Endoscope
    • Arterial emobolization
    • Cryosurgery
    • Ultrasonic scalpel
    PERSONAL DECISIONS
    Medical products and therapy
    • Albumin
    • Any drug buffered with albumin (e.g., Epogen/Procrit, Kogenate)
    • Immune globulins
    • Natural clotting factors
    • Cryoprecipitate
    • Plasma protein fractions (Plasmanate)
    • Tissue adhesives
    • Natural interferons
    • Hemoglobin-based blood substitutes
    • Platelet derived wound healing factors
    Medical tests
    • Red or white blood cell tagging
    Surgical procedures
    • Dialysis and heart-lung equipment
    • Blood salvage (Cell Saver) without blood storage
    • Hemodilution (if blood is not stored)
    • Therapeutic apheresis
  • M.J.
    M.J.

That's the one, Danny! Thanks Penn.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Diagram from WT 6-15-04 http://www.dannyhaszard.com/cultvideos.htm from here Trauma - Life in the E.R . - This is a 15 minute video clip documenting the story of a San Antonio, Texas (U.S.A.) Jehovah's Witness couple who were involved in a serious automobile accident. They requested and received Watchtower approved "bloodless" medical treatment. Both husband and wife died. Real Media player is required .

• garybuss
    garybuss

Brian, you ask where I got the scan. I got the scan from a Witness. I have a paper copy of that sheet in my files somewhere. I've seen it before. I can't remember the history of the document. I was hoping somebody would remember the history of it and post it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Brian, you ask where I got the scan. I got the scan from a Witness. I have a paper copy of that sheet in my files somewhere. I've seen it before. I can't remember the history of the document. I was hoping somebody would remember the history of it and post it.

It may be from either of Ray Franz's books or possibly David Reed's "Blood on the Altar" google image search is a no show

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Pistoff:

Last night I had dinner with my elderly mother; a loyal dub since the 50's. She asked me AGAIN about her blood card, that she had not signed the new one.

I looked at her copy; she had REFUSED all the fractions and blood therapies in the appropriate boxes. I asked her why; she said:

" I DON'T KNOW, I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THEM"

Kerry, my mother is a walking talking illustration of your legal thesis.

My Mom didn't understand either ...and she died a few years ago, because she signed her life away on a blood card. A lot of older JW's have been so convinced over the years that ANY blood products = BAD, that even when the WT makes a change...they just cannot process it.

One reason why, IMHO, is when the GB makes changes...they do it quietly, no fanfare, no BIG ANNOUNCEMENT. It's always hidden somewhere in a magazine..."Questions from Readers" etc. If they were sincere, they would put it on the FRONT PAGE IN BIG LETTERS. Tell people in clear concise words that for instance: Hemoglobin is OK ! My Mom died over that one !

That of course, would be a little embarrassing for them. And we wouldn't want the Governing Body members to feel...uncomfortable, while people are dying. Wouldn't be prudent, eh ?

The GB always adds that little caveat, "Of course it's a 'conscience matter', but, if you stumble anothers' conscience by exercising yours...you can still be blood-guilty !" (paraphrased of course) "Conscience matter" = BAD in most JW's conditioned minds.

Scary: I always thought it was the older ones who might be confused or 'stuck in gear' about this...I was recently explaining to one of my semi-JW grown children, how hemoglobin IS 'approved', as a conscience matter by the WT. I had mentioned there had been many changes on this whole blood issue. She said, "right...that's why I will not take ANY blood products of any kind." I said, "Excuse me, w-what ? She said, "the GB are imperfect and some things end up changing ...back to the original understanding after a while. So, just to be careful...I won't take anything. Besides...I don't want to take a chance on stumbling anyone else." "But, you would be dead," I said. "But, I'd be resurrected," she says. "But, you have kids who depend on you..." I suggested

They killed my Mom, now they have my children and grandchildren in their cross-hairs.

I want this to stop...

Rabbit

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Rabbit:

I read your post 5 times. Uggghhh .....

These people are so disgusting as to what they have done to other people.

The sad part is I don't think they really care. I wonder if they are pyschopaths ....

I wish you the best. Keep practicing your questioning style on them when they bring the subjects up and don't conclude too much. Hopefully something will stick and get the CD really going.

• joelbear
    joelbear

my parents have both told me they would never take any fraction or part of blood.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I wonder if they are psychopaths

The Watchtower is run by psychopaths

• Dune
    Dune

Can i get four 1/4 fractions of redblood cells then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit