IT HAS BEGUN "BIG" NEWS ON AP NEWS WIRE

by DannyHaszard 402 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Same here, Nina. Here's keepin' our fingers crossed "X".

Frannie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

LETS GET OUR OWN JW NEWS WIRE http://www.google.com/support/news/bin/request.py?contact_type=recommend&submit=Continue Click and fill out form adapt edit what I posted below or copy verbatim I filled out the form and made www.watchtowernews.org a suggestion saying: This site is updated almost daily with news (pro and con) related to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses), including their ongoing litigation regarding pedophiles, blood transfusion ban, overseas persecution of, and changes in leadership and policies. If enough nominations are made google may list-Danny Simon could also set up a news thread here at JWD

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I came into this topic far too late. But I support Danny on this.

Spanner

• sf
    sf

Nina,

Keep at them. Email and phone calls are a start. Yet you may have to physically go to your paper's office with a copy of the AP article and a list of all the other papers carrying it.

It's what I ended up having to do. They promise me it will be in next Saturdays religious section. I told them, not many jws look at that section because other churches are "of Satan". I also told them that it should not have taken a citizen of the community to get a job done that is the duty of our community news to keep us informed of critical issues involving many jws and that of their children.

I was hoping they would print it in the A section, yet at least it will be in there!

It felt very good to actually stand there and basically demand it gets printed. I felt it a great accomplishment.

Try it nina, you might surprised at what just one voice in the community can get done.

Incidently frannie, I printed out that list you made on page 13 of this thread and showed them how many other papers were carrying it, and are still carrying it. So thx for the list.

KEEP IT GOING PEOPLE!! WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT AND POSSIBLY SAVING JUST ONE LIFE, AS KERRY STATED WAS HER SOUL PURPOSE TOO.

alt

sKally

• sf
    sf

I just submitted my nomination for www.watchtowernews.org as well.

Let's go people. It's a very simple form to fill out and only requires your email addy and name.

sKally

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Nina,

I'm having the same problem in Ft.Worth. I've E-mailed the story and the links to the Ft.Worth Star-Telegram, Channel 5 News (NBC) & even the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft.Worth.

I've seen nothing yet. Doesn't make sense. The Bible Belt doesn't exactly like JW's.

Does anyone know...has any Texas or Central Texas papers picked this up ?

Rabbit

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The article appeared in the Mckeesport, Pennsylvania Daily News today......Sat. Feb. 4, 2006. I was really surprised to see it there. This paper just covers a lot of communities about 12 to 16 miles south of Pittsburgh.

The article was in the Saturday Religious section of the paper and literally took up almost half of a full page.

Glad to see it is getting exposure in this large JW area.

HappyDad

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I'm having the same problem in Ft.Worth. I've E-mailed the story and the links to the Ft.Worth Star-Telegram, Channel 5 News (NBC) & even the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft.Worth.

I've seen nothing yet. Doesn't make sense. The Bible Belt doesn't exactly like JW's.

Does anyone know...has any Texas or Central Texas papers picked this up ?

Religion today Fort Worth Star-Telegram, TX - Jan 26, 2006
    ... The founder of Associated Jehovah's Witnesses, speaking on condition of ... are often ill-informed about Witness beliefs, he ... to interview an expert on blood beliefs ...
    Is church's 'blood' doctrine inconsistent?
    Houston Chronicle, United States - 1 hours ago By RICHARD N. OSTLING. NEW YORK - Jehovah's Witnesses are renowned for teaching that Jesus is not God and that the world as we know it will soon end. ... Feb. 3, 2006, 8:18PM

RABBIT, just check towards the bottom of page 9 of this thread where someone posted the google page that's pulling up and updating to include all the news items on the subject.

Incidently frannie, I printed out that list you made on page 13 of this thread and showed them how many other papers were carrying it, and are still carrying it. So thx for the list.
    Thx for letting me know, Skally. I was hoping it would help someone do the same. Frannie
  • sf
    sf

Respectfully, emailing them a copy of the article won't get the job done. Unless you attach the importance, as a viewer and citizen, of said article.

You must call up the editor and/ or religious section staff writer and implore them to print the article because there are so many jws in the community that are not aware of new directives vs. old directives, which is critical for all jw parents to be informed on so that they can make a balanced and informed decision, should they face this issue head-on.

That you want the article submitted for the jws, not an other reasons.

I'm telling you, phone calls and going there physically pulls more weight. Emails, sadly, get discarded, many times.

TRY IT!

sKally

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Emails, sadly, get discarded, many times.

Perhaps, Skally. But an email containing only info in the email you copied from page 13 of this thread as proof and a subject header that read "News Tip - AP Release 1/26/06 - JW Blood Ban Under Fire" ....and sent across the EDITOR's desk got it in the Houston Chronicle.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit