Guess I'm Going to the K. Hall on Saturday

by bavman 55 Replies latest members private

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well Mother, I will be there be there to pay my respects to the deceased and those relatives who wish it. As for 1 Cor. 5:11, that makes two of us. My son and I will eat elswhere since we don't desire to eat with apostates either!

Two can play that game!
    Forscher

• Forscher
    Forscher

By the way Bav, sorry to hear about your loss.
    Forscher

• Scully
    Scully

Hey Bavman

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing.

This is just the icing on the cake, isn't it? Although there will be a meal afterwards, may we remind you of the Bibles counsel at 1 Corintians 5:11.

I guess you could always reply that you had no intention of eating with any fornicators or idolators or extortioners, and thank her for warning you about those kinds of people being at the meal.

• Sassy
    Sassy

that reminder that you are not welcome at the meal sure irritates me.. like stick a knife in you and twist..

good idea to have something on your own.. invite all non dub or dfd family..

Sorry Bav

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

My condolences also....hold your head high and smile...show them they can't rob you of your joy....oh wait, joy, that is a fruitage of the spirit...something I hadn't seen in the Kingdom Hall for a long time, if ever. I am so glad that my husband, and kids were the only witnesses in the family. That scripture that talked about giving up family and receiving a hundred fold, I never experienced. So I need never step into a KH again, even for a funeral...My family were so excited and joyful that we were out they cried tears of joy!! Hope everything goes well for you on Saturday!! Ursula

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Bavman,

I'm sorry for your loss.

But...

Although there will be a meal afterwards, may we remind you of the Bibles counsel at 1 Corintians 5:11.

This from your own mother? wow...

Jean

• one of 12
    one of 12

Sorry for your loss bavman, Bigmouth and I send our condolences to you and your son. I guess at least your mum told you. I was by pure chance that I found out that my Nana had passed away, and that was months after she had. Bigmouths' Gran died a year before we new. At his mothers funeral, Bigmouth asked if his Gran was travelling down to the funeral nd was then informed that she had died a year earlier. No-one even batted an eye.

((((())))) big hugs for you bavman2 your son

Also welcome to the forum MsUrsy. Looking forward to hearing your story in due course.

Jennine

• luna2
    luna2

So sorry about your grandma, bavman.

Also sorry that your mom, dad and so many other close relatives are JWs who put the dictates of a publishing company before the love of family. You seem to have a good attitude about it, though. Hope your dinner out with the other normals in your family is enjoyable. You don't want to have to sit with those poor witness drones and have to listen to all their dubby "new system" talk anyhow.

• dinah
    dinah

Bav, my sympathy goes out to you also. A funeral for a loved one is NOT the time to browbeat someone with scripture. Might I add this particular scripture has no hold on you anymore, just like others have stated. If they choose to apply that to you, it's THEIR loss.

Take advantage of the occasion to visit with those who don't treat you like a leper. If they see all you df'd and da'd talking, they may think it's a conspiracy.

• nilfun
    nilfun

The remark about Corinthians was pretty insensitive. I'm so sorry for your loss .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit