Guess I'm Going to the K. Hall on Saturday

by bavman 55 Replies latest members private

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Bavman,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I also agree that all the df'd ones should get together and go out to eat and drink. Y'all will probably have a better time.

• bavman
    bavman

I know for sure my sis and I will be doing something after but I think maybe inviting the others is a good idea as well.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

jeez, how cold ! My condolences....

• geevee
    geevee

Sad day bavman, I like Blondies idea, you guys show your respects together and show some support to each other, and invite them to yours.......nice.

• jonsey
    jonsey

Bavman,

First...My condolences! I fear that I will be facing the same as my grandmother is turning 90 in February...and has alzheimer's. She was very strong in the KH and new many people. Since I have been back in over 20 years...i can just see it as you are facing it now. You will have to keep us up to date!

Mike

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

oh jeez.....so sorry.

you can't even grieve the way you want. they are now calling the shots on when, where, and with whom you grieve.

so sorry you have to be treated like this......

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Greg,

You have my sympathies for the loss of your grandmother and for having to put up with the JW bullshit during this time.

Regards,
    NYCkid

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry.

Both for your loss and the treatment. Just remember your protocol is not their protocol. I would just go and do what it right in your eyes. Unless the meal is in the KH forget the uninvitation. If they are afraid of you let them leave. Just my 2 cents. Sorry again.

Jeff

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I went to my mothers funeral and almost nobody talked to me including my cousins, dad, and aunt and the wonderful elders. There were a few Witnesses that didn't know I was out and said something but most filed past me without a word(people I had known all my life). Aren't the JW's suppose to talk to you at a funeral, I have been out so long the rules have probobly changed about fourteen times since the late seventies.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Sorry to hear about your loss, Bav. I face this soon too, with my dad. Although I didn't even get an email, I found in a much more roundabout way. Sick bastards. So your choices are, go to just the funeral, go to the funeral and dinner both (because its their scriptural counsel not yours), or don't go at all. All three have their good points, but follow your heart and do what feels right to you and whichever you feel you can best handle.

Blessings,

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit