Am I a JW or not? Year of Baptisim and year of falling away.

by truth about the last days 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

I put this page on just to know how many JWs there are on this site. I am sure that we all will be intrested to know as to who stands where. I am only requesting if we are a JW or not, the year we got baptized and the year that we decided to leave. And nothing else. I will go first.

Yes, i am a JW. I was baptized in 1976 and i have not fallen away. Whos next?
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I was contacted at 15, and baptized at 17 in 1987.

I never "fell away", but I did rise above this organization in late 2004.

Dave

• rebel8
    rebel8

No, I am not a JW. I was baptized in approx 1984, only because I was obeying my mother, not of my own free will. And I consider my baptism to be completely null and meaningless, since I did not say the baptism vows. I stood there silent and they still baptized me, despite being observed by an attendant who was supposed to ensure we said the vows aloud and not allow us to get dunked if we didn't. He looked at me funny but did nothing. The final falling away rising above occurred approximately 1987 or 1988. (Edited because AA is right about the falling away thing!)

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

baptized 1960 (age 8) Left officially 1993

Coffee

• garybuss
    garybuss

Baptized 1957 age 12, decided to leave 1974 age 30.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

'tized in 1988 in the Astrodome. Dead to the org since 5/05. Lovin life since 1973.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

baptized in water in 66, baptized in fire at Bethel 74-77, officially resigned in 82 but was illegally disfellowshipped afterwards unbeknowsnt to me.

• Legolas
    Legolas

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Baptized in 97, disassociated THEM in 05!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Dunked in 96 at 16, in the process of falling away. (my philosophy exists to undermine your philosophy.);-)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not a jw, born in, never took the dunk while associated, could have been a 3rd generation jw, disassociated myself in 1988-89 (the last time I attended any kind of jw meeting), got baptised as a christian last year a week before Easter

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit