Am I a JW or not? Year of Baptisim and year of falling away.

by truth about the last days 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I was born and raised into the Jehovah-cult. Rebellious from the age of 14, back and forth to meetings, out for good at 17. The irony of it all is that I owe my freedom to cancer (!!!). Had my father not died when he did, I would probably also have been baptized young ( he wasn`t the kind of guy you said no to, if you know what I mean...schmokk ). Baptized at 16, married at 18, that was the culture in my congregation.

"Isn`t it ironic...yeah I really do think...a little...too ironic...yeah I really do think" (Alanis Morisette)

• Forscher
    Forscher

Baptised in 1974. Decided to start fading in 2002. Haven't been to a meeting since 2004. Call me whatever you want, I'm a big boy!
    Forscher

• Soledad
    Soledad

Baptized on July 23, 1988, 4 days before my 13th birthday. Orchard Beach, NY if you're taking notes.

Handed in a DA letter on June 22, 1998. Don't know when the announcement was made.

I just hurts me so much to hear of many who were in the faith and left because of being hurt in one way or another.

Noone in The Truthâ„¢ has ever hurt me. Ever. I was treated well by most members of my congregation.

I left because I discovered that it was all a big, fat, juicy LIE.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Noone in The Truthâ„¢ has ever hurt me. Ever. I was treated well by most members of my congregation.

I left because I discovered that it was all a big, fat, juicy LIE.

Same here

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

baptized in 1976 at the ripe ol' age of 14(by the way, i never dedicated myself in prayer, but i did say "yes" to the 2 questions, different as they may be now. does that still count?) falling away since 2005, but cant fall as fast as i wanna.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    baptized in water in 66, baptized in fire at Bethel 74-77, officially resigned in 82 but was illegally disfellowshipped afterwards unbeknowsnt to me.

Nice of them. What took you so long to come to the boards?? Welcome.

I guess you were there during the 'shake-up'.....

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I was born into the "TRUTH" as you like to call it. I was baptized in 1982 (or 83 - I honestly don't remember) when I was 13 at the circuit assembly in Port Lavaca, Texas (for you Bethel-type spies - come find me)

I was regularly active until 1989, then in alternate states of inactivity or attempting to be the 'perfect' witness until about 2000. Tried one more time for about 3 months in 2001 and finally gave up when I realized it was not the Truth. My real awakening came in 2005 when I found freeminds.org and this forum. Suddenly all the things I had doubts about for years I realized were indeed bogus. I've never felt more free or more at peace.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

t.a.t.l.d.:

I just hurts me so much to hear of many who were in the faith and left because of being hurt in one way or another.

That's very kind of you. Hopefully, that in itself will make you question why the organisation you associate with has hurt so many people. You'll be pleased to know that I didn't leave because of being hurt. I left when the Watchtower changed a long-standing doctrine and thereby proved to me that they had no claim to truth. After considerable further research, I left, having proven beyond all shadow of a doubt that the religion is false, corrupt and divisive.

I was brought up in a JW family, got baptised at 15 in 1992 and left at the age of 19, in 1996. I have never regretted leaving for a single moment.

• jah1914
    jah1914

New to this board. Baptized in the spirit of (Matt 28:19,20) 10-1990 @ 16 yrs old.

Still associate with the Christians at the Kingdom Hall(there are some good people at the KH believe it or not)

Appointed elder at 22 yrs old. Stepped down last year, not a JW defender, but a defender of Christianity as a way of improving your life.(The jury is still out if Christianity is the only way to salvation - guess we will know when God let's us know)

Oddly enough - never taught by my parents to completely trust the FDS and that my only head was Jesus(and my parents)

Went to college during the height of the anti-college wave. Oh I forgot this is not a biography.

Sorry......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit