Am I a JW or not? Year of Baptisim and year of falling away.

by truth about the last days 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

dunked in 80......rose above 82

never DF'd....that I know of

If they did, I could care less.

• still wondering
    still wondering

dunked about 1956 and again about 1962 (just wanted to make absolutely sure, yes I thought i would go to gehenna if the first time wasn’t just perfect), but spent my entire life trying to make sense of (and i worked very hard at it) the contradictions, unscriptural dogma, blatant hypocrisy and in the last 2 years the many lies and deceptions that I have discovered perpetrated throughout its history.

I finally gave up trying last year. Since read both Raymond Franz books and others. for the first time in my life have peace of mind.

• still wondering
    still wondering

by the way, no longer wondering.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I just hurts me so much to hear of many who were in the faith and left because of being hurt in one way or another. As the "sheep" has got lost and to find a dwelling somewhere else.

The motto of the WT regarding sheep is"first we fleece them,then we eat them" It should not be a suprise that when people awaken to the real truth about JW's they leave in droves. Sorry it seems to hurt you but I am sure if you research with an OPEN MIND you will come to the same conclusions.

I never "fell away", but I did rise above this organization in late 2004.

Dave

Yeah.....Me too please.

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

Raised in the org, thankfully I never got baptized. I'm in the process of leaving right now.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Got wet=1976

Dried out=Sometime in the early nineties

But it took another eight years to feel like a human again.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Baptized in '82, still a bench warmer.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Never a jw, didn't know them - thought they were a harmless bunch until some jws were inadvertently left in a position of worldly power over our family (not a remarkable or uncommon type of thing, just the way it was). Anyway, ends up that we experience something like we'd never known before - never previously personally known a people who were so wicked.

Turned up here as a matter of inquiry - disturbing as it is

• alamb
    alamb

Baptized: November 20, 1980. Didn't/couldn't say vows.

Escaped: January 20, 1998. One week after discovering the internet I dusted off my antique JW book collection to prove the apostates wrong and learned the truth about the truth. Never to return. Stood up and disfellowshipped the committee who was after me.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Baptised in 1992. Learnt to think for myself and appreciate what life has to offer me in 2003.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit