Many Questions

by urstruly 99 Replies latest jw experiences

• kid-A
    kid-A

If YOU don't like what I have to say change to another topic mate.

No thanks, think I will stay right here until you run back to the king-dumb hall!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you Willow!

And thanks Urs for clearing that one up, I wasn’t sure myself so I didn’t know how to respond.

JW's are NOT forced to reject a blood transfusion they base their decision on what they believe and act upon it, you're right my understading is there's consequences but that's the whole point if you know what the consequences are why even agree to become on of them in the first place?

What if you are a 16 year old girl/boy and you are going to have major surgery that will require a blood transfusion with the following setting the stage:

a) You have Never been allowed to read the opposing view point of the blood issue

b) If you don’t accept the blood you will most likely die, if you do, you will be considered disassociated, as your action defined that you did not accept the teaching?

c) You have been raised in the ‘truth’ your entire life and this is the only life that you know and will lose all your friends and family and everything you know

I say 16, because at 16, a court might be willing to hear your case before forcing a transfusion.

Ok, another scenario:
    You are not raised in the truth, rather you came into it, about the age of 20 or so. You met a person, married, had kids and believe all of it. One day, you get to talking with a person in the congregation who makes a strange comment about the old days, when they weren’t allowed to accept an organ transplant. ??? You have Never heard of this. You go to Ebay and Amazon and find old Jehovah’s Witness publications to increase your knowledge of the Society. You learn things that make you wonder, Why didn’t they tell me any of this? You see the major changes in doctrine and thinking over the years. You wonder, “If I sign this blood card, and they’re wrong, like they have been about so many other things, what happens if I need blood? Am I ready to die and leave my precious family? If I don’t sign, I’m in trouble.”

Now, really, truly, what would you do? That happens all the time. I was raised in it. I was given a completely Different version of the history of the jw’s. Not the real one. When I was baptized, I didn’t know ¾ of what I now know.

meagan

• urstruly
    urstruly

There you again kid using sarcasm, it's not going to get you anywhere. I hope you're happy where your at.

Anyhow, again you're all entitled to change after if you wish just like some of you have. I'm trying to understand you that's all and balance out the pros and cons. I have to reiterate if you decide to get a blood transfusion so be it, no matter what an org. says or not, why would you want to be part of an org. that "dictates" what choices or options you make? On the other hand obviously there's people that do, so to each his own. Wouldn't you agree? That's all I'm saying.

In all fairness I never understood anything being said so I can really care less, but there are some sincere JW's out there even within the "heads" so why judge them because of the actions of others? Have they been the only ones telling false prophecies?

I'm not attacking or judging anyone, just help me understand and I will eventually but without the need to attack anyone and defnitely no need for sarcasm unlike others in this forum. What's the purpose of that? I might not agree and you might neither life goes on.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    I might not agree and you might neither life goes on.

You are so right.

But if we can help each other understand and make life better for each other, isn't that a good thing?

willow

• urstruly
    urstruly

I agree Willow I just don't think that sarcasm is a way of communicating and definitely not helping. Wouldn't that put you on the defensive side? I've love to hear from you anytime!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

urs,

I am truly, NOT being sarcastic.

I am asking YOU a question.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Yes, I agree, urstruly. I don't care for sarcasm. I think sarcasm is a defense mechanism, sometimes it's an automatic response that can be hurtful.

It's a good discussion. Just ignore the sarcasm.

willow

• urstruly
    urstruly

BlackSwan of Memphis, I didn't mean the sarcasm because of you at all. I meant others. Anyhow, your questions really have gotten me thinking I don't know what to say because I personally haven't been in either scenario but I've seen patient and other family members who have, other are still very active regardless and others aren't I respect all of their decisions. But I have to ask again, why form part of it in the first place then if you know or should know all this before you get baptized? Maybe that's why I didn't want to become one of them (baptized) after all. I'm entitled to make my own decisions as well as the next person.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    my perception so far as far as cursing and living inmoral lifes is due to some of your own personal stories

Valid point. I think the misunderstanding occurred because your original post sounded like you were making a generalization about all of us rather than some.

If you don't agree with the JW's why curse them, call them dumb, etc. etc.?

It is natural to be angry at someone who abused you, isn't it? If the worst we do is go on an anonymous internet forum and call them dummies, what's the problem?

Now about my posting, it seems some of you just "listened" to what you wanted to listen and didn't pay attention to the rest of it.

When you do long posts, ppl are not going to respond to every single point you make. They will pick out a few points to respond to, just like I'm doing. :)

So they do take action when it's needed.

That paragraph started out with a retelling of one incident, and it ended with what sounds like a sweeping generalization about JW handling of child molesters, making this conclusion solely based upon that one experience. Is that what you intended to convey or did you mean something else?

NO ONE is forced. You make your own decisions your either in or your out and that the end of that.

Yes but they're coerced. JWs are told they will be shunned now and killed soon at Armageddon. That's pretty strong coercion.

Have you read the blood misrepresentation article? Please do. It will give you a comprehensive understanding of how the WTS is guilty of giving false medical information to JWs. It sounds like you may not realize how deep the deception goes. There is a summary of it on www.ajwrb.org and a link to purchase the whole article if you want to. I highly recommend it. It will really open your eyes to some facts you wouldn't have known as a rank and file JW.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    why form part of it in the first place then if you know or should know all this before you get baptized?

I was harmed by the no blood rule long b4 I was baptized. When I did get baptized, I was a very immature 16 yr old who was just obeying my mother's directive to get baptized. I didn't want to. I didn't even say the vows. I just complied. I left the org the earliest moment I could when I was old enough. It was all forced upon me. I didn't ever agree to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit