Many Questions

by urstruly 99 Replies latest jw experiences

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hi, urstruly and welcome!

Also, if you all are happy of being free, why hide behind nicknames or false pictures?

Uh, urstruly? Is that your first name or your last name?

The issue of "some good in the WTS" has been addressed many times over. The overwhelming concensus is that it is like a healthy body that is only 1% percent cancerous. The cancer gonna kill you just as dead. IMHO, the WTS is 99% cancerous - the 1% good is totally meaningless.

Bizzy Bee!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Also, if you all are happy of being free, why hide behind nicknames or false pictures?

Actually there are a few here who have posted pictures and given out information as to who they are and where they live. It's a choice, not a requirement. Some are not comfortable giving out that kind of information and that's OK too.

So, now I'm curious urstruly - who are you really and where's your picture?

Josie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What does being free to you all mean?

It means being able to worship Jesus as my God and my Lord which is a big No-No in the Watchtower cult.

It means being able to use my resources to help people less fortunate than I which is something the Watchtower cult discourages.

It means being able to openly study and discuss the Bible without using the publications of a printing conglomerate which is very much frowned upon by the Watchtower cult.

It means being able to talk to whomever I so wish just as Jesus did which is frowned upon by the Watchtower cult.

It means being free to celebrate Jesus' victory over death on the cross (yes, it was a cross no matter how much the Watchtower cult twisted and misquoted their source reference - The Imperial Bible Dictionary Volume 1, page 376 in the Reasoning Book).

It means being free to accept Jesus as my Savior which is something the Watchtower cult denies its followers.

It means being free to publicly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ as His witness which is one of the primary reasons I and many other Jehovah's Witnesses left the Watchtower cult.

BTW, I had my picture posted as my avatar but Mickey is much better suited as to my feelings and thoughts about the Mickey mouse religious cult of the Wactchtower.

Bob Evans

Walland, TN

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

urstruly, much of what you say is agreeable, fair and kind. You're right, everyone has the ability and the right to believe whatever they choose.

That would be fine it it was where it stopped.

But when others, as members of a group or as individuals, manipulate others to cause hurtful actions, or commit the very sins for which they condemn others, or callously hurt and deceive others for their own gain, it becomes worthy of discussion. And, yes, candor and honesty to those who are asking questions.

When a group or individual uses the name or spirit of God to exercise power, control and intimidation over others, it ceases to be a valid religious cause for the good of humanity. It becomes a hypocritical mockery for the good of only certain individuals. It is an insult to God, the Society's proclaimed master and his son Jesus.

urstruly, you said:

You found out they were lies, and now your out. Can't that be the end of that?

No, that can't be the end of that. Not when people's lives have been disrupted, imposed upon, threatened -- and they come here seeking honest advice and answers.

"To each his own", "live and let live" --- nice catch phrases and grand principles. In order for those principles to be effective, however, they must be applied by both parties.

If being involved with the organization was a productive and rewarding experience for you and anyone else, that's wonderful. I hope you will return to the Kingdom Hall and help the brothers and sisters with whom you share beliefs. Perhaps you could help them apply the "live and let live" principle or help them keep non-judgemental open minds. Yours is the kind of thinking many of them would benefit from.

yours truly, willow

• urstruly
    urstruly

Wow! I really don't know that it was such a good idea to post anything afterall! I didn't mean to attack anyone of you and certainly not to be attacked by anyone either. I just voiced what I've heard and seen, and my perception so far as far as cursing and living inmoral lifes is due to some of your own personal stories. If you don't agree with the JW's why curse them, call them dumb, etc. etc.?

Maybe I should tell you a little bit more about my life. By the way my name is Alejandra Cobarrubias I chose the surname or nickname what ever you wish to call it because it seems that's the trend here. Anyhow, my mom began studying with the JW when I was 5 years old I have four siblings much younger than me so you could say they've been born or raised in the "truth" 2 of them are baptized, the other 2 are not, they all made their decision and we are still a family regardless. One is DF, he goes on with his life as the rest of our family goes on with theirs, no one seems to mind.

Now about my posting, it seems some of you just "listened" to what you wanted to listen and didn't pay attention to the rest of it. In my mothers congregation there was someone accused of moollesting, the elders did what they had to do and he was in jail for sometime first then he was deported and I know this because this person was my brother in law. So they do take action when it's needed.

Again, I really think that if you all still belive in a Supreme being, then he'll manage to take care of himself one way or another withougt anyones help. If the JW's think to have the ONLY true religion, so be it. Don't the rest of the religions think the same way?

I've worked in the Medical Field for over 15yrs now, I'm no expert but you would be surprise at the growing number of people that aren't JW's and are refusing blood transfusion! A blood transfusion does not necessarily mean survival. Do you know the effect of a blood transfusion and the risk of blood transfusion many times? I had a family member die sometime ago, her mom was and is an active member, believe me I was there all the time and she was NOT forced to make any decision by anyone! It was she herself that decided what she wanted done with HER body. I've seen other cases where only one parent is a JW and the non-JW spouse respects the others decision. NO ONE is forced. You make your own decisions your either in or your out and that the end of that.

Now about the comment that there is inmorality inside the org. You are right, but that's why they get diciplined in my understanding they get DF'd.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    You found out they were lies, and now your out. Can't that be the end of that?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing."

urstruly, what a much sorrier world this would be if everyone believed as you do - "I saved my butt, the rest of you are on your own." Ugh!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    So they do take action when it's needed.

More like when they want to.

Don't the rest of the religions think the same way?

Some do, but not all.

Josie

• daystar
    daystar
    believe me I was there all the time and she was NOT forced to make any decision by anyone! It was she herself that decided what she wanted done with HER body. I've seen other cases where only one parent is a JW and the non-JW spouse respects the others decision. NO ONE is forced. You make your own decisions your either in or your out and that the end of that.

Is a computer acting on its own free will when it runs a program? I think not.

The WBTS does its best to program Jehovah's Witnesses to behave in certain ways. It does this by information control and repetition, among other ways.

When a computer program "breaks", is it the program's fault? Or is it the fault of the one who wrote the program?

• kid-A
    kid-A

First, to clarify, having been on this site quite sometime now, the majority of ex-JWs here do not personally attack JW apologists. The criticisms are pointed directly at the Watchtower corporation and their policies. The entire purpose of this website is to provide information about the real history and practices of the JWs that are hidden from most regular JWs by the Watchtower. Simple example, how many witnesses do you think are aware that CT Russell was a pyramidologist and used calculations from the Egyptian pyramid to calculate the end of the world in 1914? JWs can find information like this on this page.

Second, when things get nasty on this board, it is almost always involving ex-JWs and other ex-JWs who are now fundamentalists, not ex-JWs and active JWs (although this happens from time to time).

Finally, active JWs always have the option of not looking at this website. The beauty of this forum is that it allows you to express your opinion in a safe, welcoming environment completely free of watchtower mind control techniques and censorship. Naturally, many active JWs stumble on this site, read the information available, talk to us on JWD and often times decide to leave the watchtower corporation on their own terms.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I didn't mean to attack anyone of you and certainly not to be attacked by anyone either. I just voiced what I've heard and seen, and my perception so far as far as cursing and living inmoral lifes is due to some of your own personal stories. If you don't agree with the JW's why curse them, call them dumb, etc. etc.?

Hey, you’re entitled to your say and your opinion.

Part of being on a message board, forum etc is that once you post your opinion, others will have something to say about it. You came to a board, where many people have been hurt. Many have lost families. Many have literally lost loved ones to the blood policy, to the former organ transplant policy and many are hurt because they feel they were lied to. There is a lot of hurt that is being felt by people around here.

The reason why sometimes, the jw’s get the brunt of the anger, is because, well, the reason why so many lives have been destroyed, has been because of the jw organization.

Perhaps rather then feeling attacked, you could Try to look beyond the anger, and look at the actual experiences of many on this board and put yourself in the actual shoes of a mother who lost her son and her grandchildren. Put yourself in the shoes of a person who lived their entire life for the org only to find out later in life, that the organization they were supporting has lied to them

Think of it like this:

Would you be ok with your spouse or closest friend, lying to you, making unnecessary demands on your time and health? No. In fact, I’ll bet that you didn’t know, that the Organization actually fit’s the profile of an emotional abusive person.

I really hope that you stick around and just keep reading the experiences of people. Think how you would react if one day you woke up, and simply for wanting to know the whole truth of the matter, you lost every person in your life. You haven’t committed adultery, you haven’t used drugs, heck you don’t even swear…

Simply for wanting to know the whole truth and coming to a different conclusion then the one you had before, you have just lost your mom, your dad, your siblings, your best friend, your kids and maybe even your spouse. They won’t even acknowledge your existence.

How do you deal with that? If you have a better answer, please, please share it with us. I’d really like to know. No sarcasm intended.

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit