Many Questions

by urstruly 99 Replies latest jw experiences

• urstruly
    urstruly

What does having kids have to do with any of it? I've already told you all I do my part always have and always will but to the proper authorities. I don't go creating forums and postings, I'm sure the authorities know how to handle these issues and do so.

What I mean by taking the law into your own hands is as I've mentioned before I believe in Supreme Being I'm sure he can handle it and WILL when he chooses. That's all.

About returning to the topic, that topic was dropped a few comments ago. I don't understand the reasoning behind some of your answers. But anyhow, to each his own. So, I ask again, whom do you turn to? How? Why?

Why do I feel I'm being attacked? I stick to my guns there's not much to it. Is that a crime?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I smell a troll.

• urstruly
    urstruly

Sticks and stones!!!

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

You're not being attacked urstruly, but you know what? I'm beginning to think you'd like to find a fight here.

And if you're not, then you're just plain not listening.

Why do you keep coming back to challenging those here about ONE religion? I don't believe you've been given the impression that anyone here is promoting that concept.

You insist on repeating that those here are trying to do God's job, taking the law into their hands. Others have explained why they are here, the common thread is that they have been hurt and want to help other humans, not necessarily God. No one has challenged you on your opinion of God, or Supreme Being, so why do you keep fighting back?

Your statements about those who post here being weak, bitter, victims of themselves, and insinuations that we're here just to cry on each other's shoulders and speak badly of JW's are unfounded. Of course, there was a time that I thought that, while reading the posts with blinders on, when I too was still in the box. Admittedly I, too, thought "why don't they just get over it...live and let live...let it be...." Until I stepped out of my bravado box, and realized that's its way more easier said than done.

If you're strong enough that you never needed help to heal a hurt, or perfect enough that you never wanted to reach a loving hand to someone else, good for you. There are many others in this world who are not that strong or perfect. So when we see others hurt or abused, yes we will reach out and try to make it better for the next person.

When I see an organization exploiting God, a spirit, a hope, a dream, whatever .... for personal gain and power, yes, I will warn others of the danger.

What kind and loving God expects us to sit back, watch corruption and violence and lies, and not help or save others from the suffering? Do you honestly believe a Supreme Being expects us to leave it all in his hands while we go merrily about our (in your opinion) "swearing and immoral" ways???

You were right earlier, this conversation has gotten tiresome. It's time to turn our attention to positive things like the diet and new bikini and that fabulous vacation of yours!

with love, willow

• urstruly
    urstruly

Willow I just feel like I have to stand up for what I think and defend myself if someone is throwing low blows at me, utilizing sarcasm or what ever means that why I keep coming back. Tell me something, if I do leave it alone what message will that send.

So there isn't "one", still what do you do then?

Not fighting I swear. LOL

Heck your right! Let's concentrate on that bikini.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    I just feel like I have to stand up for what I think and defend myself if someone is throwing low blows at me

It seems to me that the others are simply doing the same....

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I'm sure the authorities know how to handle these issues and do so.

You are absolutely right!!!

They do!!

But guess what urs? The JW's as an organization do not teach their followers to go to the authorities.

So what you have are child molesters that should be behind bars but are not, because the Governing Body has covered it up.

As for where do I go? Prayer takes me right to God. If someone wants to pray to YHWH or to Jesus or to Buddha or to Zeus, I don't personally care, but I believe with all my heart that prayer takes me to God.

I come here for support, because I just lost my entire family and friends. My sister and my mother asked and asked and asked why I wasn't going to the meetings, and for the longest time I kept saying, "It's between me and God" they wouldn't let it go, I had to choose, be disfellowshipped or disassociate myself with a trace of dignity. I chose the latter.

As Willow said this is place to come for such support. Sometimes Urs, I feel alone. So alone, I cry. Knowing that another person is out there to talk to helps. Good for you that you still have your mom, your friends. I don't.

The reason why Avishai asked if you had kids, IF you HAVE kids: (as he already asked) what would you do if they were abused? What would you do if the elders told you NOT TO GO TO THE POLICE? OR else you would be disfellowshipped?

Do you realize, that being disfellowshpped is a huge fear for witnesses, because that means they will "be destroyed at Armageddon"?

We are not trying to attack you. This is not a thread about bikinis. This is a thread that you started with questions. we are trying our darndest to answer those questions and help you understand where we are coming from.

Many people believe, that this is a harmless religion. It is not a harmless religion. My purpose is to educate the people around me as to the whole truth of the Organization.

Why?

So no one has to feel as hurt as the people that I have met in this last year.

I am trying to understand Why you are on a jehovah's witness discussion board, that you can clearly see houses many, many people who are trying to heal from the deceptive, harmful tactics of the JW's.

Why are you here?

• urstruly
    urstruly

Effervescent you're right!

Blacks Swan my heart goes out to you, really it does. I can only imagine what some of you have gone through, believe me I've been reading on for sometime I've read horror stories, maybe in our cong. it was different. All I'm saying is there are some good people in it that might also get hurt in the process. The truth will come out not what any one of us says or does.

I'm here because I was looking for answers, I think I've got them pretty much and I've made up my mind.

Thanks to all I hope your future edeavors bring you much joy, happiness and meaning to your life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We've been told. Luke 9:5

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, Urstruly, you have certainly provoked a lot of deeply felt viewpoints on several issues! I agree with a lot of them and I also agree with a lot of what you are saying. Especially your last post (as I write this) wherein you wished us all happiness, etc. Thank you, and I wish the same to you. We all probably will be happy because that's what most healthy human beings spend their energy pursuing. As we get older we find that we may have wasted some of our most valuable resources on, shall we say, bad choices. The majority of people on this site have come to honestly feel that being involved with JW's was not a good thing for them. They have valid reasons for feeling they were misled, duped, bullied, exploited and disrespected by the Watchtower. There is nothing wrong with these people expessing these feelings especially when you realize that most of them are motivated by wanting to give a warning to others. But, if I understand what you've been saying, I have to agree with you that all of us should get on with our personal quest for 'happiness' and not let being XJW's drag us down. Most of us feel we can do both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit