Many Questions

by urstruly 99 Replies latest jw experiences

• urstruly
    urstruly

I really don't think there's need for sarcasm. I think that some of you are just bitter. There's always two sides to a story and your always going to tell what's convenient for you to tell. I'm not going to allow any of you to get to me. Some of you are actually making me want to go back.

Like I mentioned earlier I had some questions nothing more I wasn't trying to change anyone's mind and you're definitely not changing mine either. What ever it is you do, I wish you all well.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

urstruly, one of the great things about this forum is that everyone is welcome, with no conditions. Meagan was not being sarcastic, if that's who you were referring to.

You've apparently been spared and didn't experience much of what others here have gone through. I was fortunate enough to recognize warning signs and wrongdoings before getting too closely attached to the organization, thanks to reading the experiences and thoughts of others here. I still had to made my own decision, but could do so from having information learned here from everyone, not just ex-JWs.

I think you'll find you won't be attacked, but will be addressed in a direct and honest manner. It may not always be what you want to hear or it may sound harsh, but that's often the way with people who are passionate and truly believe what they're saying. The difference is most here are open to hearing the other side of the story. There are many articulate posters here with sincere intentions and open minds.

I hope you'll share more of your thoughts and questions. It's not a bad thing if you do decide to go back, it's just your decision based on knowledge.

willow

• urstruly
    urstruly

Thanks so much willowmoon, you seem very kind and I agree with you everyone IS entitled to their own opinion but that doesn't mean putting people down for their opinion does it?

I have to reiterate, why is it some decide to "pick" on certain things mentioned only?

I really think some people here are bitter and yes you might have your reasons, but think about it what good is this doing to you? What harm is it doing to the JW's? They continue with their lives as usual and some of them sincerely seem to be happy. So why ruin that?

I've mentioned this many times before and stick to my guns, I believe in a Supreme Being who will do something about it without our help and when the appropriate time comes.

In the meantime, let them be. If some JW's decide to "get out" well the same goes to them let them be.

By the way the sarcastic comment was not for Megan.

• ferret
    ferret

UrsTruly: you bring up the blood issue and say a lot of people who are not JW's choose not to have a blood transfusion. At least they do have a choice. JW's do not have that free choice without having repercussions that can effect them and their families for the rest of their lives.

• urstruly
    urstruly

Dear ferret: I've seen both spectrums. JW's are NOT forced to reject a blood transfusion they base their decision on what they believe and act upon it, you're right my understading is there's consequences but that's the whole point if you know what the consequences are why even agree to become on of them in the first place? If you decide to have a blood transfusion after being a JW and you DF'd what's the big deal then? Did you want to continue being one of them anyway knowing what they prohibit? It just doesn't make sense to me that's all. Someone asked to put myself in the shoes of others who have lost relatives do to this, well I have relatives who are active JW's and have passed away, I can't enforce on them what I believe. Again, what guarantee does a blood transfusion give you? Either or I insist on it being a personal decision.

By the way, someone earlier mentioned that for thinking this way I will be alone, well let me tell you I have very very good friends both inside the JW's and non-JW's.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I really think some people here are bitter and yes you might have your reasons, but think about it what good is this doing to you? What harm is it doing to the JW's? They continue with their lives as usual and some of them sincerely seem to be happy. So why ruin that?

Nobody is ruining anything. Most of the people on this site are ex-JWs and we are here supporting each other and anybody else who comes here looking for information. This does tremendous good for people who have had their lives destroyed by the watchtower corporation and if you dont understand that, simply do a search of all the previous posts here where people thank JWD for the support and information that has been provided to them.

To state this again, no JWs are forced to look at this site or participate in the discussion board. If you dont like what you are reading, why dont you just leave? You are more than welcome to continue with the JWs if you so desire. If you want to be a JW, good for you and good luck, we will happily continue our little "apostate" community here at JWD with or without your participation...its a free world mate!

Cheers!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have yet to hear of a jw who has been hogtied and forced to sit in front of a computer and look at this site.

Josie

• urstruly
    urstruly

I'm not asking you stop. I'm asking why and what purpose. If YOU don't like what I have to say change to another topic mate.

Cheers to you too.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs may have some good points but on balance they are a negative and destructive organisation, their top leaders are (and always were)indeed power lusting individuals that intentionally deceive and manipulate the R&F, and the ordinary dubs do lack brotherly love. Their dogmas are never stable and they produced many false prophecies in their short history.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

urstruly, thank you, I try to be kind and understand others' opinions.

I agree, some are bitter. Some people are bitter in life, no matter what their religious views. Some JWs are bitter. You're right, it doesn't accomplish anything to be that way and it's something we all should guard against.

I know some very happy JWs and would not want them to be any other way. I don't think many here are trying to "ruin" anything for anyone. (Though some may speak very harshly out of bitterness, but we can't change that.) I will continue to love humanity and take my associations at face value.

But, when asked, I will express my opinions (from experience) about individuals working on behalf of an organization who are proving themselves or the organization to be hypocrites and hurting others in the process.. I do agree, God will do something about it. In the meantime, if someone's experience can help another avoid being hurt, wouldn't it be wrong not to try to help them?

willow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit