Disturbing paragraph in Dec 15, 2005 Watchtower

by yaddayadda 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

In the 2nd study article, page 29, paragraph 17

"A similar shocking end will come to the symbolic harlot who has the name "Babylon the Grat." The harlot represents the false religions of Satan's world, which have their origin in the ancient city of Babylon. After false religion's end, Jehovah God will turn his attention to all humans who make up the secular parts of Satan's world. These will also be destroyed, preparing the way for a righteous new world. - Revelation 17: 3-6; 19: 19-21; 21:1-4"

So let me get that straight. Jehovah first destroys everyone in false religion, and then destroys all humans in the 'secular' world too. Well, errrm, that really doesn't leave many humans left does it? Oh yea, it leaves JW's of course.

The reaction to all of this by the surviving JW's? Paragraph 19:

"...On whose side will you be during that great day of judgment? Act decisively now, and you may be privileged to be included among the "great crowd" of human survivors of "the great tribulation". Then you will be able to look back with joy, and you will praise God for executing judgment on "the great harlot who courrpted the earth with her fornication. United with other true worshippers, you will be in agreement with the thrilling words that heavenly voices sing: "Praise Jah, you people, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king."

Yep, I can't wait to joyfully praise God for slaughtering 99.9% of the earth's population. What a great solution to all the world's woes. That will definitely prove that Satan was evil and God was love.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well said. And isn't that the same issue that compared people killed at Armageddon with the bugs an exterminator (= Jehovah) tries to eliminate from a house (= the earth)?

• gumby
    gumby
    Then you will be able to look back with joy, and you will praise God for executing judgment on "the great harlot who courrpted the earth with her fornication. United with other true worshippers, you will be in agreement with the thrilling words that heavenly voices sing: "Praise Jah, you people, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king."

Praise Jah because "Jehovah" has begun ruling as King? I thought he gave that right to Jesus in 1914 when jesus "began ruling"?

Anyways....your correct in your observation on how sadistic those comments are. Imagine singing praises to god after what happened in New Orleans even if God DID wipe it out because he felt the area was corrupt. Who sings at the sight of dead bodies? Anyone? Did hitler and his boys sing songs after they gassed the jews? Not even they sang. The pictures in the publications with the dubs holding hands and smiling at armaggedon when everything in the backround was being destroyed always sickened me.

Gumby

Mornin Leolaia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, they have been saying that for years.. Sickening, isn't it?

The strange thing is to ask oneself ,how you could have believed it, when we ourselves bore these people no ill will. Many of us learned it young, and it just seemed normal to believe what you were taught. As time went by it did bother me from time to time, but I suppressed those thoughts in the belief that "God knows best". In reality, I know that a lot of dubs do not personally, deep down, agree , but they go with it, in the belief the the "Slave" are doing the right work, and if some more unexpected ones do survive, then that would be fine.

Nothing changes the fact that the WTS still prints this stuff, they will study the article next week and they have taken this article to peoples homes. Thank goodness most people have the good sense to ignore it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That's funny. I've read in past litter-ature that it was Jesus who would put the humans to death. Now it's Jehovah. Go figure.

• FairMind
    FairMind

One minor correction, according to WT teaching, Jehovah destroys all false religion first (WT beware). This is not the same as killing everybody in those religions. They can be included with the rest of mankind whom he destroys later.

• rebel8
    rebel8

yaddayadda, can you post some pictures from the magazine? I'm looking for some graphic Armageddon pictures for a brochure I'm making.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

That's funny. I've read in past litter-ature that it was Jesus who would put the humans to death. Now it's Jehovah. Go figure.

Remember it's both. Jesus will carry out the act, but since Jehovah ordered him to do it, the act can be attributed to him. Sounds as confusing as the Trinity to me.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Nothing new, then!

Ian

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is there a picture in the literature showing the birds eating the corpses after the big A? I've looked online all over the place....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit