How does Shunning feel?

by DaveNwisconsin 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Sort of like looking directly into a mirrow and all you see is the back of your head.

Rub a Dub

• Gregor
    Gregor

The oddest, and most annoying, shunning I received was not long after I was DF'd. My wife was still in good standing at the time and a particular sister would call to talk to her. It went like this:

ring....

I answer, in my normal, masculine voice "Hello?"

..."Mary"?

"No, this is Gregor"

..."Mary?"

"Do you want to talk to Mary?"

..."Mary?"

I would then hand the phone to my wife.

After the third time this idiot called and went through this BS with me, I said "Are you deaf?" and hung up.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Balsam and Dave said it best for me, and I haven't even had a shunning 'event' yet, just put myself through the humiliation of attending meetings where it is just like being the mountain with the Douglas Adams 'Somebody Elses Problem' field installed over it, if you know what that is. You can't see it, you can walk all over it without feeling it, and your mind just lets it go, because there's something there but it's Somebody Elses Problem.

• alamb
    alamb

Getting up every day and knowing your family "chooses" to have you be dead to them is like murder in a way. They choose to kill you every day rather than let themselves feel anything other than what they are told. Losing friends was less painful, as they were only friends in the cargoup or at the hall. They wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire anyway otherwise.

It always amazes me though, they gossip about you constantly. I want to say, "OK, if I'm dead, stop talking about me, OK? Let me die and move on."

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My mother,baby sister and all my clan have been ordered by the Watchtower cult leaders to 'treat me as dead' the condition that led to my disfellowshipping was a false trumped uped charge by elders from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts.

How do i feel? RAGE I have a plan, i will destroy the Watchtower's worldwide organization unless they give me justice by disfellowshipping +15 people from that congregation.-Danny Haszard

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Today I was literally shunned. Today I spoke to a person that intentionally ignored me, physically avoided even giving the appearance of having heard me. It was completely different than what I was expecting.

Man! You mean like the person just flat out ignored you as you were talking to them??? How long was it till you even realized this? Sheesh! Now that's just absurd. I thought they would at least say: "I'm sorry but I can't be talking to you."

• wombat
    wombat

Time heals all wounds.

I was defd over 30 years ago. It never hurt at the time as I was never close to my brothers and sister.

Now I have three successful, popular children who just love their daddy and they don't like anyone who tries to hurt him.

They refuse to greet or associate with any of their JW cousins or any uncles/aunty who aren't nice to their daddy. In fact, they shun all JW's. They don't even reply to invitations to their engagement parties.

Be patient. It aint over 'til the fat lady sings.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    When I walked into the KH, it was like Moses parting the Red Sea - a path opened and several people literally turned their faces away

haha..(yes i know not funny)...but you should try this at a district convention....never has a throng parted so quickly...it couldnt have been faster if i had been ringing a bell shouting leper

so true so true!

We have this one D'F girl in our hall. She comes to the bkstudy from time to time. Suddenly... folks are scooting down and moving about as if she needs the extra leg room or something.

• unique1
    unique1

It makes you feel unworthy of love from anyone. You know in your head that isn't the case, but the heart takes a while to heal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit