How does Shunning feel?

by DaveNwisconsin 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it is i believe the singularly worse thing any human can do to another one...it is demeaning bewildering degrading inhumane...and is the biggest evidence possible that if a loving god exists then it cannot be sanctioned by him...

kind of like hell. my mind can't accept it. its probably the one most prevalent factor in my almost daily thoughts of suicide.

yeah im feelin ya.....altho not on a daily basis anymore

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Annoyingly frustrating...especially if the person is staying over your parents's house. The last time it happened to me it was the son of some old friends of my parents. Not that it mattered since I really didnt know the guy anyway but I thought it was really rude...treating me that way in my parents' house. Even his parents and sisters spoke to me but not him. As I recall he even spoke to my brother...none of us kids are baptised jws. I still can't figure it out.

Josie

• wednesday
    wednesday

When I still believed that jws had the "truth' well I felt

what is wrong with me? Why am I bad? Why don't I fit in?

It totally eats away at your self esteem. It is a horrible thing to do to anyone.

Now I could care less, but for so many years I felt beneath dog do

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

If I could articulate like Dave, I'd say what he said.

B

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    it is i believe the singularly worse thing any human can do to another one...it is demeaning bewildering degrading inhumane...

......agree. It isn't only about friends who refuse to talk to you or associate with you in any way, it's also about family refusing to sully the air they breathe by having you around them - and no matter how hard a shell you tell yourself to have, no matter how thick you build that wall of toughness around you - there are at times memories that creep in without warning, that make you frustrated, hurt and angry over the stupidity and senselessness of it all. sammieswife.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's their way to exercise control, it is a control mechanism to protect the position of the leaders to prevent damaging undermining information from reaching the R&F, a totally selfish policy.

• Calliope
    Calliope

hey everyone, i know this has nothing to do with this thread, but i'm in dire need of part 1 of the circuit assembly. was there ever one posted? i have part 2... pls pm me.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

It is disgusting and infuriating. The last thing it made me want to do is go back to that religion, if anything it showed me all the more that they have nothing to do with Christ and I wanted no part of a religion that would tell their members to treat people like this. If anything, it set me free all the more because I knew I didn't want that kind of "love' and I knew they were false. It is pharisee behavior all the way, total self righteousness and ice cold snobbery.

NowImFree

• nilfun
    nilfun

Like a hard, swift kick in the guts. The lingering effect is questioning whether they really ever loved you in the first place.

• elliej
    elliej

We are faders, but the one witness relative that we told is "unofficially" shunning us. Does it feel like crap? Not really, it's more aggravating because he is such a friggen hypocrit and he can't see how obnoxious he is. I'm sure he thinks he's doing the loving thing, punishing us into realizing how wrong we are, but it does just the opposite. The mere fact that he doesn't care to listen to our concerns and just makes judgement shows us the conditional love. Yeah, that's what it's all about to them, they only love you on the condition that you serve the Organization in mindless unity. I don't need or want that kind of love, so they can shun us til the cows come home and all it will do is assure us we made the right choice. (Sorry, I'm ranting again)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit