My Crazy Mother learns a lesson

by RichieRich 44 Replies latest jw friends

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Y'all are all missing the point...

Richie...bro....what are you doing GOING IN SERVICE ON A HOLIDAY?????

Lol...just messin' w/ ya....

That sisters husband was probably out 'street witnessing' in front of the nearest 24-hour adult bookstore and never showed at the hall. He was probably mad that you nearly got him busted....

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Then, with a smug look on her face, she demanded to know how I planned to get where I needed to go. I told I'd find a way. So I picked up my phone, and called a good friend of mine from school. I put him on speaker phone, and my mother listened in horror as he told it was NO PROBLEM.

She was shocked, that someone who wasn't linked to me through the Society would dare help me.

I know this is just a rant, as I'm pretty pissed, but It was a lesson to my mother, that I have a life outside the borg, and that I can survive.

Good for you! I wish when I was 17 that I had an ounce of the self-confidence and resourcefulness that you have.

My mother was a lot like that too. Screaming and yelling for no reason. Punishing me for things I couldn't control. Living with her was pure hell. My mother is bi-polar, sounds like your mom might be too.

Hang in there, it won't be much longer. ((((((Richie)))))))

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My mom was very similar too. The slightest thing would set her off. I don't think she was bi-polar, she just had Psycho-PMS. It was like clockwork. Right on schedule she would find some stupid thing to go nuts over.

I've never been one to shrink down when I know I'm right about something and have evidence to back it up, so when my mom would go nuts I would refuse to admit being wrong about anything I was not wrong about. She would go on and on and on and never listen to logic. My dad would even step in and tell me to just let it go and admit to whatever I was accused of but I refused. He would beg me to just admit to what ever.... NEVER!

Eventually life at home would become a living hell for everyone while she keep accusing me of her delusion. In time everyone would gang up on her to make her shut up.

Menopause really helped level her out.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Else,

My dad would even step in and tell me to just let it go and admit to whatever I was accused of but I refused. He would beg me to just admit to what ever.... NEVER!

My step-mom did this with me many times. I KNEW she knew what a psycho my dad could be...why wouldn't she even attempt to protect us??? Made me furious. Confounds me to this day. Unfortunately for me, sometimes my unwillingness to back off presents itself in inopportune times. I have learned that picking one's battles is just as important as standing up for oneself. I'm a work in progress.

Andi

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{{{Richie}}}}

Something you could do, would be to speak to an elder about what happened at the KH, why you never made it out in FS, and what happened to you when you got home! I'm sure that she would be "spoken to" for this, especially if they are trying to keep you "in"! This kind of senseless retaliation sre wouldn't be "drawing you" to Jehovah, now would it?

What would have happened if you hadn't called your buddy....and just didn't go to work, or to take the tests....this is way too weird to understand how her brain works!

I think so much of you and it hurts to think you are being subjected to any of this nonsense. Hang in there....you deserve MUCH better.....and you WILL find it!

Did your Dad have anything to say about all of this?

hugs to ya, Richie,

Annie

• Mary
    Mary
    Something you could do, would be to speak to an elder about what happened at the KH, why you never made it out in FS, and what happened to you when you got home! I'm sure that she would be "spoken to" for this, especially if they are trying to keep you "in"! This kind of senseless retaliation sre wouldn't be "drawing you" to Jehovah, now would it?

Oooooh Annie, good idea! And to really get her in trouble, Richie could tell the elder (with a big sigh and hurt look on his face ) that he had planned on going out in Service today and Wednesday but he can't because his mother won't let him have the car. LOL!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    She was shocked, that someone who wasn't linked to me through the Society would dare help me.

I know this is just a rant, as I'm pretty pissed, but It was a lesson to my mother, that I have a life outside the borg, and that I can survive.

::: whistles "I can survive":::

RR

If I'm still here when you reach the age of 35 and can legally run for President of the USA I'll vote fer ya.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    That's the problem, she just got pissed, dissed out punishment, and wouldn't talk.

I think we have the same Mom. She's jumps to a conclusion, dishes out the punishment, and doesn't apologize when she finds out she's wrong. My mom flipped out on me when she learned I was secretly dating behind her back. I was so bad that I was sneaking off to KH quick builds to see my girlfriend who was a regular pioneer....shame!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry man, it all gets better when you move out.

• loosie
    loosie

Oh Richie,

It will get better. I like Sunspot's and Mary's idea. The look on their face would be priceless. There is nothing sweeter than getting your mom in a bit of hot water.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNice!

All the best to you over the next few months, but you've sure got what it takes to make it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit