My Crazy Mother learns a lesson

by RichieRich 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Plus, I hope that the willingness and ease with which I comply with her will prove to be a pointed message about who I am.

Very good.

I'm more and more impressed with your actions everyday Richie. I so desperately wish I could have been like you when I was 17.

Good grief! Your mother and my mother sound so much alike!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Tell her it is against the bible to exasperate your children, and she is stumbling you by accusing you of wrongdoing when you are innocent. I always used this when I was dealing with my mother. It shut her up temporarily.

• Scully
    Scully
    Tell her it is against the bible to exasperate your children, and she is stumbling you by accusing you of wrongdoing when you are innocent. I always used this when I was dealing with my mother. It shut her up temporarily.

Great idea, rebel8... I used to quote that one to my dad when he was in one of his unreasonable moods.

And my mom... she loved to hold some imaginary wrongdoing over our heads with her "if you don't smarten up, I'm going straight to the elders" routine. When she started with that, I learned the value of quoting the scripture about "extortioners will not inherit the Kingdom" (1Cor 6:10)

Worked like a charm.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

two days down. two to go.

Amazing, I can still function when one of the pillars of my life (not that i love my car, I just really need it) is pulled out from under me. makes me wonder what else I can go without.

My mother is so disgusted, she offered me my keys back. I declined. I said I wanted serve my punishment out, so it couldn't be questioned later. She's so pissed. Serves her right.

still love her though.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    My mother is so disgusted, she offered me my keys back. I declined. I said I wanted serve my punishment out, so it couldn't be questioned later. She's so pissed. Serves her right.

Richie,

YOU ROCK!!!! I don't know that I could have done this.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit