My Crazy Mother learns a lesson

by RichieRich 44 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    I fell asleep in my car while I waited, woke up to wave at a brother,

Why not find this brother, and ask him, in front of your mother, if he remembers seeing you there?

• calico
    calico

Your mom ought to be married to my husband! I am always saving my son from ridiculous, so-called discipline!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Richie,

As the Watchtower turns, so the days of Richie's life...

You know I always tune into the Richie channel.

Keep on keepin' on, Richie!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• lucifer
    lucifer

If she would've taken the car from me and asked how I'd get where I needed to go I would simply say I guess I won't get where I need to be, but seeing as its work and school, I'm guessing she would've given in...sometimes I wonder what goes on in parents minds

• jgnat
    jgnat

Fear. It's fear what makes a parent stupid. Richie's mama is afraid her son isn't smart or capable enough to grow up on his own. I bet her mind is full of those nasty images of worldly people off drinking and whoring and toking up and who knows all what. So she feels she has to interfere.

When I saw that ugly coil in myself, I stopped. And I started telling my young adults that I have full confidence that they can make it on their own. Guess what? I have confident, capable young adults.

Ritchie, you are a strong, capable young adult, too. Heaven knows how you figured it out on your own, but you did.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

She has missed something big....right under her nose! She has failed to see that she's still treating you like a child, and you've become a man! Of course tou're pissed! Hope it won't be much longer till she's forced to recognize you as an independent adult and treat you with respect.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hey Richie , First I have to say, I saw your pic's from Bethel, and Boy ,you could have been one of my own ! As for the mom thing unfortunatly I must admit I have been the psyco-mom on more than one occasion.Good for you that you had a friend to depend on ,mom will have to begin seeing you are growing up and can take care of somethings on your own.She will too, just give it time .It's hard for mom's to admit their babies don't need them as much anymore. It's great you have school friends too.I have just recently figured out how much my kids needed to have association outside the borg. I have been encouraging this with my 17 yr. old son .His worldly friends provide validation for him as a descent guy that none of his witness friends ever did.They make him feel accepted w/o conditions, such as how much service time he has got in this month.And he has less trouble with worldly friends stabbing him in the back. If your friend can't provide transportation remind your mom, she set the punishment, and she should provide your way to work and school .

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

You rock Richie

• juni
    juni

Heh Richie,

You tell your Mom that at MANY halls monday is not a good day for service. Usually ones already have studies set up for that day and the person that they want to take w/them. They don't meet at the Hall. For many too it's one day they don't have to go anywhere, but can get caught up on their other duties. If you really are serious about going out that day - monday - then I'd suggest you make plans w/someone before hand. I speak from experience. Juni

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    She was shocked, that someone who wasn't linked to me through the Society would dare help me.

I know this is just a rant, as I'm pretty pissed, but It was a lesson to my mother, that I have a life outside the borg, and that I can survive.

Good for you, Ritchie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit