My Crazy Mother learns a lesson

by RichieRich 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Ritchie said: my mother, in a blind rage, convinced herself that I somehow lied to her about going to the hall. So she decided I shouldn't be driving for a while. So, i can't drive until Saturday.

Geeze Ritchie......if she flips out over something stupid like that, what punishment is she going to dish out when she (eventually) finds out you're posting on here? BTW, I hope you counted the snooze outside the Kingdumb Hell as time on your Service Report.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Dear Richie,

So far I have not communicated very much on the forum, but I am an avid reader of most of the posts and subjects. I have always enjoyed everything you write, you have a sense of humor like none other that I have seen, you never fail to make me laugh. I think you are hysterical. I think this great sense of humor you have is what will keep you going in light of all the bs we all put up with when it comes to this organization.

Give your mom a big kiss and just let her know you love her no mater what she thinks or does.

OC

• jstalin
    jstalin

Is this sort of shock at the friendliness of worldy people prevalent in the JW world? I'm shocked that your mom is shocked.

• Carol
    Carol

Let me see if I understand all of this. You show up, on time......no one is at the KH for field service......so you wait and happen to nod off while waiting? Am I correct so far? You wake up to wave at a brother (perhaps the brother that was 30 minutes late?) and then doze off again? Correct so far? Wake up again....go home and explain to you Mom what happend? Which she's fine with until she speaks with a sister who's husband says he was 30 minutes late and now you are punished because.......1. No one showed up on time for field service, 2. The brother you waved at didn't bother to check and see why you were sitting in your car and if you were going in field service, 3. Brother "late" was just that "late" (if he showed up at all he was probably the brother you waved at) and probably didn't make too much of an effort.

I'd call the brother you waved at (if you know who it was) and ask why he didn't come over to the car when you didn't go into the KH to meet for field service. Then I'd call brother "late" (if he wasn't brother waved to) and I'd find out who was to lead the field service meeting that morning and call them and find out why no one met at the announced time.

Then I'd accept my "wordly" friend's help and start checking off the days until I'm able to leave home. Florida's nice this time of year!

• undercover
    undercover

Who goes out in service on Monday anyway?

Anyhoo...when she asked how you were going to get to school and work, the friend ploy was pretty good, but what would have backfired on her would be to say that she would have to cart your big ass around to school and work. I bet she would rethink that whole "you can't drive" bit. At least to the point of allowing you to drive to school and work.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Richie

Thats too bad

Sounds the way my mother treated me while still at home. At 19 I was able to buy my own car, that took care of that.

• Jez
    Jez

You may be receiving punishment that is meant for someone else, but she can't give it to them. She is probably not pissed with YOU, rather the brother for not showing up for field service and thereby helping to cement in your mind everything that she knows you are thinking about the organization.

She probably wishes she could slap him, can't, so "slaps" you instead. It is a worthwhile punishment if it means she is doing it because she can't find enough evidence to help "readjust your thinking."

She can't even rely on her brothers and sisters to help her, help you, so no wonder she is pissed. Doubly so, when you inadvertably confirmed it by phoning YOUR friends, whose response was immediate.

Jez

• joelbear
    joelbear

one of the most amazing things that witnesses convince themselves of is how evil everyone else is. simply not true. truly evil mean selfish people are a tiny minority of the human race.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Why not find this brother, and ask him, in front of your mother, if he remembers seeing you there?

You know, I came very close to doing this. But then I decided that its better to just give her the respect she deserves is entitled to, and bite the bullet. Life isn't always pretty, and there is no reason why I should I be exempt from the drama.

Plus, I hope that the willingness and ease with which I comply with her will prove to be a pointed message about who I am.

Thank you all for your support.

• joelbear
    joelbear

independence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit