Without naming your city, tell us more about it

by JH 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

I don't live in a city but my town is a small island just off another island which is off the coast of Wales.

Its really tiny, I could walk from one end of town to the other in 10 minutes and its one of those places were everyone knows each other and each others business.

Its got a lot of lovely beaches and a ferry port, the boats go over to Ireland.

Just recently its started to feel like home.

• ferret
    ferret

The city I live in has a steady roar to it. it borders on the U.S. and millions of people visit us every year.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Where I live its not big enough to be called a city its a town, theres only about 20,000 people and well spread out with lots of trees, fields, rivers and wildlife. Night life is c**p there is only one night club and thats c**p!

That woman that was going out with Hugh Grant when he was caught with his pants down, can't remember her name, you know her posh voice? long legs? Elizabeth Hurley. (just remembered) she was born here and Tanita Tikarum. Anyone heard of her? Famous singer in the late 80's.

I think Sean Connery drove through here once, didn't stop though, too busy.

• forsharry
    forsharry

I live in a city where the largest shipyard on the east coast resides. I am surrounded by numerous military bases and just across the 'water' lies the largest naval base on the east coast as well. I live very close to the original capital of the colonies, and not too far away from a theme park that has been voted the "Most Beautiful Theme Park" for about 10 years running.

:) Traffic sux here too...they've been performing construction on a section of the interstate where I live for over 21 years. It's the joke of the state, really.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Hello againEllie, I know where you are i've been over to Ireland from there by ferry a couple of times. I tend to fly there now and hire a car, its a lot quicker.

I think your town was voted one of the most boring places in Britain in a recent BBC survey, which is a bit harsh, I think my town came about 7th.

• Krystal
    Krystal

Oh this is easy, I live in the coolest city in canada!

The only place you can get a quality poutine or lap dance!! LOL

An island and a mountain with a beautiful Cathedral and a unique cultural mix.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hiya Mark, well that is definately a bit harsh yes, in summer its not too bad at all, love the sheep by the way, haha.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I live in a town of about 7000 .The fire whistle blows at noon and church bells ring at noon and six p.m.(not wisconsin). This town has eight churches and just as many bars! Wal-mart is the biggest store And cornfields surround us on all sides.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

cornfields turning into suburbia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Where I live HUGE blocks of concrete fall from trucks and block major highways in the downtown area and block morning rush-hour traffic.

Huge trucks fly down the same highway and crash into huge signs which then fall into the highway blocking morning rush-hour traffic.

One of America's favorite presidents was shot and killed here.

Tornadoes pass through downtown areas and destroy skyscrapers... last one from five years ago is still in shambles and no one is doing anything about it.

Drunken football players run over and kill people on the side of the highway... then drive on home without stopping.

Aggressive homeless people yell at you in your car and beat on your window until a policeman hauls him off to jail. (Yup, happened to me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit