My D/f appeal meeting went amazingly, but the still want to d/f me

by jwfacts 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

jwfacts,

Thank you for posting your experience here. It was a very good read, and it sounds like you handled the situation really well. It's too bad that the mp3 recording did not come out. I don't think you could have used it without getting into some amount of trouble, but it sure would have been a hum-dinger of a family heirloom.

Congratulations.

Jean

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

We recorded our entire meeting using a small digital recorder. It cost about $150. We use it for other things of course but it is simple and effective way to preserve the occasion if someone really refuses to believe your recounting of it. We found it empowering to be secretly recording it. I asked them leading questions and they gave the expected answers. Their hostile voices and bold lies in the face of calm and contrite responses are priceless. I can imagine that soon they will be searching the bodies and cases of the plantiffs.

• rebel8
    rebel8

jwfacts: I don't think anyone has tried this but I wish someone would!

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html Quote from UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Article 12. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation.

Since you are not a JW and haven't been for a long time, IMO this may qualify as "arbitrary interference". DFing causes shunning which interferes with your family. Plus the announcement is an attack upon your reputation. How to file a complaint: http://www.unhchr.ch/html/hchr/contact.htm Sorry, can't turn the highlighter off!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh bro, you must be so completely wired right now.... I have so many things to say, I can relate to that feeling you had coming out of the meeting, it's such a horrid experience, you'll be reliving it for years. I just don't know where to start! Firstly, congratulations. I was watching your story for a while and was so sure you'd be d'd and felt the hurt it was causing you. I can also relate to you wanting to spare your family their pain; the reason I put my exit off for so long. If it ever bothers you, remember that this was a great reason to do this the dramatic way: But the third brother is about 35 with a wife. He sat for the entire time leaning forward on the edge of his seat with his eyes popping out of his head. He told me last week that this case was having an extremely difficult affect on him. I will be interested to see how his faith is affected in the long term as my last words to him were, ‘How many families do you plan to destroy during your time as an elder?’ ... you might have gotten through to him. One day he might hear what you said. Now, to your family; it's been a while for me and I've come to the simple conclusion that I don't want the conditional love of anybody. I know I can't accept the cult practices, and that they foolishly think it's good for them. I don't think I even want to change their minds about it, knowing how difficult it is to make the transition. But here I am, happier than I ever thought I could be. I'm also making friends that I never knew existed. Real, loving people exist out there, you just have to be out there to find them. One day you'll be an ex-ex-witness. When this all gets you down, focus on that; that one day you won't even care any more! How great is that!? Much, much respect, congratulations and hugs to you!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    How did they even find out about JWD? I thought emails, password protected forums are all secure sites? I am freaking out here guys!

stilla: As I understand what jwfacts said, one of the elders simply Googled him by the name "jwfacts" since that is what his website is called. If you Google your own name here (stillAwitness) and spell it exactly that way, some of your posts here will pop up. However, in order to find out who you were, they'd have to know you were using that name. So just don't tell any dubs you are using that nickname on the forum, and don't use it anywhere else where it could be traced to you personally.

Once they knew he was jwfacts, they were able to piece together all his posts from JWD - which were apparently pretty damning in their eyes. But, see, they started by knowing he used that name... they didn't start with JWD, his name simply led them here.

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Thanks for telling us your story. I only know to well what must be going through your head at this point in time and I was never disfellowshiped (they haven't caught me yet). Hopefully your jw relatives wake up and see how this cult is destroying families. The reaction from some of your relatives will surprise you, some will quietly support you while others whom you thought would support you will desert you. Remember we are all here to help you get through this difficult time of your life.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm glad that you had the balls to go in there and give them a swift kick in theirs. They are hypocrites. How can they disfellowship you for having a so-called apostate site when they are reading it, too. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. They should be getting counselled for reading your site, this site, and any other site that they used to impale you.

You were put on trial without a jury. Nothing but a Kangaroo Court and a back alley lynching. IMHO

I think that they are sadistic. They really get enjoyment out of breaking up people's families. I hope that your family will not turn their backs on you.

((((hugs))))

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their JCs are indeed kangaroo courts they don't allow anyone else to be there to watch the goings on, let alone anyone to defend the accused.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is 7 years old. But look at the prophecy that has come true (in bold underline in 1st quote).

JWFACTS: I just want to be left alone free from WTS harassment. However if they announce me I will go to the greatest lengths possible both legally and through the press to make sure everyone is aware of the tactics of the JW cult. If they announce me I will assist 10 times the number of people to leave the organisation as if I am left alone.

JWfacts.com has to be one of the most influencial websites that exposes the WTS and leads to JWs leaving the Truth (TM) . It has some of the most damning compiliation of evidence, all easily accessable, logically and coherently presented without that "mentally diseased" tone. It would sure be interesting to know the numbers of lives that it has affected.

It was interesting to watch the 3 members of the initial committee as they were observers only. Each is a 2nd or 3rd generation JW. The leader of the first group looked angrily at the floor the whole time. The single bethel brother listened for a while, than sat flicking through his bible like he was ignoring anything being said. He is the one that had said previously to me that every worldly person deserves to be killed by Jehovah as at heart every worldly person is no different than a German Nazi, with the inbuilt ability for untold evil. But the third brother is about 35 with a wife. He sat for the entire time leaning forward on the edge of his seat with his eyes popping out of his head. He told me last week that this case was having an extremely difficult affect on him. I will be interested to see how his faith is affected in the long term as my last words to him were, ‘How many families do you plan to destroy during your time as an elder?’

PAUL, if you see this, I'm curious if you have bothered to keep track of those 6 elders involved in this? Are they all still lifelong JDUbs? Esp Elder #3. Did any of them ever contact you at a later date?

I suspect that you have kept your word well more than the 10-fold times you promised.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit