What Are Most JWs Disillusioned Over?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Break their fantasy that the Elders are ALWAYS right, never wrong and the power trip would be over.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Paradise Postponed.

Again,

and again,

and again,

and again,

and again,

and again,

and again,

and again.........

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

For myself the lack of genuine love has been the catalyst for me to dig deeper into what really is "truth". When I would see evidence of ill-treatment the excuse was", Jehovah's org. is perfect it's just the people in it are imperfect." That got to be very old real quick. I live in a small town and everyone in the cong. knows everyone else's business, to the point your life is always critiqued by those that think their opinion matters.The smiles are fake the hugs are stiff. God be with you if you don't live up to the standard, because I guantee no one else will stand by you. Recently the blood issue has been a huge disillusion...........it should be up to each one's own conscience what they, and their doctor choose for treatment period ! Ever since studying the " Greatest Man Book" about Jesus life it has bothered me how little we ever talk about him.Over the past few years Everything is about Loyalty to the organization. It just doesn't feel right. Six years ago I visited Bethel for the first time , and I can still remember the cold,numb, feeling I got. It reminded me of the Military installations I had grown up on when I was a kid . Here's to all those in the process of freeing themselves of the wtbs illusion,and becoming one of the undeceived .

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have also experienced that striking lack of brotherly love, given that the love bombing of newcomers is an artificial form of love. The question now is: does the WTS actually have a policy of creating and sustaining such a cold loveless environment? Or is it the result of their overall unchristian policies? A lot of dubs will also no doubt be disillusioned by the change in the generation doctrine as they are no longer sure that the end is near since now this symbolic generation has an indefinite timespan.

• luna2
    luna2

I know what really got me out was wondering why I was so depressed and unhappy if this was truly Jehoohaa's organization.

I thought that as time passed I'd feel more joy, not less and that I'd learn to enjoy going out in service and helping the poor lost souls in the world to find true peace and security. Didn't happen. I got to feeling more and more harassed, more and more guilt-ridden, and more and more like I had to make some major excuses for my dear "brothers" and "sisters" in the congo.

• minimus
    minimus

But you won't be depressed if you do more.....

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

That they are the most kindest, loving, people in the world who are the only ones who truly follow the commandment to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. But then they believe that their neighbor is wicked-evil-worldly-Satan worshipping-soon to be destroyed at the big "A"--baaaaddddd association and not to be associated with.

If they truly love their neighbors as themselves how much do they truly love themselves? Very twisted indeed.

cybs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That the end still has not come , and they are getting old .. [at least that is the ones that I know] Lack of love ? yes , but that has been a grumble eversince I was a small child. Considering the high standard they trumpet about themselves, it is inevitable that the local congo seems lacking. Other issues/scandals? No , they just dont believe them " its all apostate lies you know." So it may strengthen their resolve. but they are getting older , the bodies are getting weaker and they have not so much of a pension fund...........

• Terry
    Terry

As I've mentioned before, I work in a bookstore and am in charge of the religion and philosophy sections. Since the books I shelve are "previously owned" I have to scrutinize each book carefully so that I might price it (if it were a new book I could mindlessly heap it up on the shelf.)

Having been only a Jehovah's Witness (as far as my religious training) and having only read the Watchtower Society's publications when I was a....quote "believer" end quote....I had little or no idea what mainstream Christians were reading. Certainly a JW is cautioned against both secular and "false" religious writings!

But now, the situation is different. I talk to people every day who read CHRISTIAN FICTION (a redundant phrase if ever I saw one), CHRISTIAN LIVING, and THEOLOGY.

Ignoring THEOLOGY for a moment---let us concentrate on CHRISTIAN LIVING.

This category of book is written for Christians who are having problems, usually. It sweet talks them into a state of cognitive dissonance like a big brother or sister would do (assuring you that you really aren't fat and ugly) with their arms around you as you pour out your problems.

There are a plethora of books on PRAYER which seem to concentrate on convincing you that PRAYER WORKS DAMMIT!

(All the while explaining why the thousands of prayers you've prayed were NOT answered and soothing your puzzlement and disappointment.)

There are a great many books on shoring up your crumbling Christian marriage and other books telling you to "save it" while you are dating until a good Christian man comes along. There are books for men on masturbation (!) along the lines of "it is a Christian man's worst problem"---and advising you to pray instead and engage in wholesome activities that do not involve penis fondling!

There are books on depression for Christians (don't be so self-involved!) and books on parenting galore (just because you run a tight Christian household doesn't mean your kids will be easy to raise!)

And so on..........

The reason I bring this up is because it has broadened my horizen, so to speak, in considering that EVERY religious group involved in any facet of Christianity is composed of ordinary people with ordinary problems who share one common theme (be they JW or Baptist, Methodist, etc.).

What is the one element shared by all?

NOTHING CHANGED for them after their conversion! But, they thought their lives would improve!

In other words, they must continually prop up the realization that they've just bought in to a "cure all" which was a placebo. Becoming a Christian was like joining a bookclub or subscribing to TV GUIDE--there was a lot more to read, but, nothing was any different than before!

So, the answer to the Topic Question: WHAT ARE JW'S DISILLUSIONED OVER? can best be answered this way:

JW'S, like ALL OTHER CHRISTIANS, are most disillusioned over the fact that BELIEVING SOMETHING does not affect the real world one little bit!

In fact, it only makes things worse!

Why?

Because your problems are real world (reality) problems and cannot be solved by make-believe and wishful thinking and mental constructs of a fake world where angels and other invisible activists are running things.

Christians are warned against the dangers of Harry Potter and Pokeman in one book I recently shelved. This is the kind of phoney danger a Christian concentrates on while their real life goes to hell in a handbasket.

JW's are constantly warned about demons and apostates and the U.N. and Armageddon while their REAL LIFE is concerned with dental bills, taxes, education, a poor sex life, boredom, depression and car payments.

There is a HUGE DISCONNECT for people who "believe" in a fake universe while living in the real one. They keep bumping into the walls they pretend aren't there! They constantly need hand-holding and coaxing to explain away the bruises from the real bricks; that is what "fellowship" is for. It re-inforces the madcap lunacies in their daydream while their real life is a nightmare more and more from actual neglect.

Disillusionment comes from having ILLUSIONS in the first place.

It isn't just JW'S that have them. Just go into the bookstores and read the titles of the books Christians read as escapism. The worse their lives are; the more escape is necessary.

Guess what?

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE REALITY!

T.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Too busy/not enough time.

Not enough time to keep up with the latest magazines and publications. Not enough time to do housework, errands, hobbies.

Too busy with "theocratic" activities and tired all the time.

Not enough time to do normal things now, but will have more time in Paradise.

Most of the JWs I talk to just want some down time, some time to relax and breathe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit