What Are Most JWs Disillusioned Over?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Ooops, back to the question:

I think the ones who grew up in the JWs and are my age are starting to realize that in another 20 years or so they are going to be scrambling with their thumbs up their butts wondering how they are going to "retire" from the workforce without having made any arrangements for pension or retirement savings.

The ones who are my parents' age, who weren't expecting to see themselves grow old in This Old System™ are disillusioned that they didn't make the kind of plans that they should have made to see them through their "golden years". I think they're also disillusioned that they gave money to the Organization™, thinking that they'd never need it because Armageddon™ was Just Around The Corner™, and they realize that they could have saved that money to look after themselves in their old age.

The ones who converted are disillusioned about the Love Bomb Bait and Switch Routine.... and over how much freaking stuff you have to do as a JW to keep on their good side.

The ones who have been in for generations seem to be disillusioned about how long it's taking for Armageddon™ to get here already. One guy I used to know - a 4th generation JW - used to say when he was a teenager that he didn't think it would happen in his lifetime, so he didn't see the point of being materially uncomfortable or denying himself the opportunity for education. His dad was the PO of the congregation, and went through the business of not planning for retirement, and was still working in his late 70s. Now this guy is an Elder™ and takes great pleasure in lording it over the congregation.

I got disillusioned and ultimately left over the lack of love - especially when I was in a position where being shown love by the people I thought were my friends could have kept me from leaving. After being ill for several months and being treated like pond scum and dog crap during that time, it would make me seethe to read those fake Experiences™ in the magazines about how the congregations look after the sick in their midst. I don't know how many times I'd read the magazine and come across one of those bullcrap experiences and end up so angry that I would rip every copy of that issue of the magazine apart with my bare hands and set them on fire in the fireplace, while I called them LIARS!! and BULL$H*TTERS!! I had to stop reading them because those things would send me on a rampage for hours.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think that a fair number of people would never have left jws if they had been shown the love the wts preaches about. That love is not there, it is now replaced by fanatical adherance to a man made organazation.I think in my case I would have stuck it out to the bitter end if they had not been so abusive. So for that, I guess I'm grateful.. It helped open my eyes to the other problems that exist in the org.

weds

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

Finding out that your religion is just another among thousands. You thought it was the "truth" but now realize that it is anything but. As is probably all other religion in the world. How about realizing when you're thirty that your parents died (not lived forever) and you're left holding the bag of empty prayers and dreams they had passed on to you. How about disillusioned over the life you could have had if you had gone to school and weren't stuck working your ass off and still being looked down upon by so called spiritually mature people for providing for your family.

Perhaps most disillussioned that you realized too late that this is something that you do not want to pass on to your own children. Now they too have to overcome monumental obstacles to have even a semblance of a truly spiritual life.

Sorry to be so morose.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I think Lack Of Love is #1 reason for JWs to be disillusioned with the org.

Ever looked up the subject of 'love' in the Reasoning book? You'll be looking a good long time because it isn't one of the subjects in the book. Ever seen an article in the WT or Awake! about Love? (Articles that say they are about Love but are really about Loyalty or something else don't count.)

JWs don't know what love is.

There is a huge hole in their souls.....something missing they can't put their fingers on....something that should be part of living a deeply spiritual life......love.

It is a sad and empty way to live.

• zagor
    zagor

As someone who grew up with WTBS stuff I can tell that in my experience the biggest disillusionment is over them being the true replica of early Christian church with all its self-sacrificing spirit and works of love, all the while each one of them knew how pathetic that belief really was because they usually couldn't stand half of congregation and also knew that everyone else felt the same. If you've asked any of them about their brothers in faith you’ll usually hear a "well-tuned" opinion about everyone else there living on “fringes of the truth” or in “gray zone”. Which is also why so many held some grudge against someone that all too often turns in slandering war. In fact, I remember saying that went something like - "You can give life for your brother you just can't live with him” Which as pathetic as it is gives true picture of JW “Christian” love.

• Think
    Think

Children Rape, False doctrines, Religion cooked up by Apostate Russell and followed by bunch of " moon walkers" Lunatics apostates fom true Jesus teachings , Brainwashing 5 or more times a week, with selfpromoting " Holiness" and endless crap in form of " Spikers public talks", beging for money.......

you may add you 2 cent here _________________________________

• Think
    Think

Yes, I agree with you brothers and sisters. The PROMISED LOVE at the so called "Bible study" was not there. As soon as you become member, the CHARM is over. What you see after is endless regulations and changes, no love at all, just empty " HI" and "BYE", " cold fish hand shake, greed, cold looks, arrogant commanderigs, false out of the ceiling accusations, stabbing words: I hate you!,

shunning for no reason at all, instead of spiritual help, endless accusations and stupid demands, violent behavior, anger and gossip, and the list will go on and on... I was so much in shock, that I was loosing desire to live. When so many admited that the same things go on in many more families around the world, the question was coming constantly: why ? why ? why? Where is the Love, the holines????? I was thinking that was just me, I was bad, I have to study more, pray more, sell more magazines, be more humble, clean more KH toilets.

So I did. But the funny thing was, that nothing was better. When I talk with others about so many problems in the Borg, so many unjustices, divorces, lack of love, I hear the same song: Wait for Jehovah, look for the good things, nobody is perfect, let's go in ministry tomorow...

The " Happy plastic JW marriages" pretending that they love each other,

and giving dirty looks to each other and hateful angry words when nobody was looking....

And I know for sure that they sleep in different rooms and don't have any sex for months or years, the single brothers and sisters divorced so many times, the sad children not talking or even smiling at all....

The brothers or sisters never talking to anybody or giving any coments...

Then, the ugly head of the Borg was rising up... What is going on????

Why nobdy want to talk????

CODE OF SILENCE. CODE OF SILENCE. CODE OF SILENCE. FEAR. CONFUSION. DIVISION. APATHY. LACK OF ANY ENTHUSIAM. BOREDOM.

SAD EYES. SAD MINDS. SAD HEARTS. A ghost society.

Just walking half dead, tired, unhappy, lonely, longing for love, broken hearts.

My soul was crying.

• Calliope
    Calliope

i think you've basically covered it all there, Think.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the theory of evolution by natural cumulative selection, and the philosophical implications resulting from it, can be an achilles heel for the JWs. their doctrine is so literal that they cannot manuver around the issue without concessions that would nullify the concept of imperfection and the requirement of salvation. but rarely do JWs bother with this route.

I don’t smoke, get drunk or take drugs.

fairmind,

there is nothing wrong with drugs, smoking and booze.

I work for my employer with a whole soul.

do you have anything left for jesus at the end of the day?

TS

• Think
    Think

Thank you Calliope,

My heart is in pieces and still crying...

And I feel for all the brothers and sisters, I love them very much,

and I understand why they don't want talk, why they suffer in silence...

We are all silent lambs for so long...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit