What JW's are saying regarding the downsizing at Bethel

by jimbob 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    should we apply that Scripture ( Not trusting Nobles) to them? I think not.

Are you saying that the WT is the same as Bible? It is the inspired word of God? Are you saying the JW are a prophet?

Are you saying we should put our conscience aside when God's ORGANIZATION does something we disagree with, or we think goes against God's will? Is there any example in the Bible where such behavior is condoned/accepted/rewarded by God?

For example, did God reward the faithful sheep who followed Aaron (God's faithful and discreet slave since Moses was busy at the time), in making a golden calf?

When Jesus arrived, God's ORGANIZATION conspired to kill him. Judas obeyed God's ORGANIZATION and betrayed Jesus. Was his obedience to His ORGANIZATION against His wishes rewarded or punished? Help me out. I forget?

CYP

• Bryan
    Bryan
    THE SCRIPTURES STATE THAT JEHOVAH WILL SPEED UP THINGS IN RIGHT TIME.

I've never heard of downsizing being caused by things being speeded up.

Poor people.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• metatron
    metatron

There's other explanations such as that they've become so efficient and moved so much printing to the rest of the world, that

they don't need Brooklyn.

They could get some traction out of their new book , coupled with a war against Iran that may happen. Other than that, it's sad to

see them suckered into further deception by the Society.

Keep emphasizing to them that these downsizing moves are because the Society is losing cash flow and Jehovah isn't

supporting them ($$).

metatron

• sir82
    sir82
    WELL, THERE'S MORE. THEY HAVE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE REDUCING THE STAFF AT BETHEL. SOME WILL BE SENT OUT AS SPECIAL PIONEERS, SOME CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS, SOME AS PIONEERS...EVEN THE ELDERLY WILL BE ASSIGNED TO DO PHONE TERRITORY.

Translation, for those not used to reading between the lines...

Total Bethel layoffs: 1500

"Some will be sent out as Special Pioneers" - Maybe 10 or 12 (Special pioneers have been virtually phased out in the US, there have been only a few hundred in all the US for the past several decades...do you really think there will be a huge jump?)

"Some Circuit and District Overseers" - Maybe 10 or 12, there may be some older COs & DOs who might like to retire, but there are only 600 or so CO positions in the US, there can't be that many openings

"Some as pioneers" - "We expect the 1480 who are not Special Pioneers or COs to go back to their home congregations and pioneer"

Of course, based on experience, what will more likely happen is that about 400 or so will be gung-ho pioneer types, and the other 1000 will quickly become disillusioned. What's the saying? "Bethel makes the best apostates"

"The elderly will be assigned phone territory" - WTH? "OK, Brother Totters, thanks for your 60 years of servile poverty while here, now here's a phone and a list of names we pulled from the phone book. Get dialling!"

Actually, that last phrase could be telling. "Even the elderly"? I.e., are even some Bethel old-timers getting the boot? Does anyone have any contacts who are well-placed enough to verify that?

• minimus
    minimus

Cult----Only a cultist would think this is wonderful news. Sad, really.

• joelbear
    joelbear

change, it keeps a coming.

i found the saddest part when she said, There is nothing left in this world!. that is such an absolute statement and in

my experience absolute statements are made by people who have no logical argument.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

So let's see....when they DO grow larger and build new facilities and have more bethelites and more printers, it means they have God's blessing and the work is speeding for the end and they make a great deal about it. And then when they are getting smaller and downhill it means the same thing?tsk

• TopHat
    TopHat

I worry that the Bethel Edlerly will be out on the street with no means of support after giving years and years to the WTS.....How curel can the oganization be!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Here's some more rhetoric from my mother who I asked why she was so excited about the changes at Bethel:

"Jehovah's Organization is our "Mother" and if I believe that Jesus is the Master of the flock and sheep and has appointed the F&DS over his 'belongings', then I see this as a move on his part to provide what the congregations are NEEDING at THIS TIME. Also, I see it as a continuous fulfillment of Isaiah 62, "speeding" it up in his 'due time'. But what you probably don't realize, son, is that the Slave Class has not been quoting this scripture for very long.

I see Jehovah's Chariot on the MOVE! and changing direction with it's "eyes" all around the wheels, again, providing the NEEDS of HIS FAITHUL ones.

I see this as something NEW and so I KNOW that it will take on NEW proportions, probably MORE than we have envisioned. I have seen the ELDER arrangement be instituted and could never have imagined so many, many Faithful brothers being NEEDED but LOOK at how they are so needed now!! This I HAVE SEEN and so we can only speculate what will happen as HIS annointed ones are guided by the Holy Spirit they so faithfully and sincerely pray for; what will happen?? MUCH MORE than we could ever imagine just as we have thousands of elders now, all serving the needs of millions. And I have seen these NEEDS take on larger proportions than ever before over the years. Jehovah PROVIDES what we need and HE provides it THROUGH THAT GOVERNING BODY, a "body" of imperfect men to accomplish HIS WILL. What better 'proof' could one ask? It is amazing. They have kept APACE!!!!!!!! This I have SEEN.

When I was baptized in 1972, there were about 2 and 1/2 million JWs worldwide. It has been very faith-strengthening to SEE and be a PART of that growth, looking on as people have come to have HOPE and COMFORT in their lives when they had NONE before! I was one of those people, son, "moaning and sighing" over the misery and injustices of this world. My parents were not interested in talking about this. Most of my friends were not interested either. Who offered me the TRUTH as it is in the Word of GOD?? I had been in many different churches sincerely searching. I had prayed at night to "God" to help me but I did not know His Name. Did anyone in those churches ever tell me that God has a NAME?? Much less else, that HE had a PLAN for ME??!! and that the PLAN HE had meant that people and animals would not hurt or die anymore and the earth would be beautiful everywhere?? that I could really, someday be HAPPY and not live in FEAR?????????? NO, you know they did not tell me these wonderful things, even though they stood up there, leading their congregation in song with a Bible in their hands. I searched for HIM as a youngster, like some who we read about now in the magazines. I didn't know anything except that I felt there had to be a God. I didn't even know that I was searching. But JEHOVAH KNEW!

And then, Thanks to JEHOVAH, JESUS CHRIST, the FAITHFUL SLAVE and the GREAT CROWD of WITNESSES who "Offer themselves willlingly...", I "found" MY PEOPLE!! I was an alien in a foreign land but did not know the reason why I did not 'fit in' until Jehovah drew me to HIM>. If it weren't for HIS ORGANIZATION there would be NO GREAT CROWD OF SHEEPLIKE ONES!!

>And so when I 'hear' and detect or perceive that HIS CHARIOT has taken another quick 'turn', then my ears tune in to ALL that my perceptive powers can discern using HIS WORD as my guide. Every change is Momentous in some way, and SOMEWHERE on this earth there is someone who is yearning in his/her heart, in that deep part where only Jehovah can see, and this NEW DIRECTION will affect that person. At the SAME TIME, these who are 'going out' in OBEDIENCE to the MASTER, will reap in some way, the "requests" of their hearts. This I KNOW because Proverbs tells us "THE BLESSING OF JEHOVAH-THAT IS WHAT MAKES ONE RICH AND HE ADDS NO PAIN WITH IT." And this I know because I have "reaped."

Lastly, when we see current events as they are today, if we are looking with EYES OF FAITH, we can DISCERN, as Jesus said "the times". There are hundreds of thousands of people who have immigrated to areas where we can reach them!! this was not possible before the BERLIN WALL came down. For those of us who were born into a world with the "WALL", and who lived always under the threat of the COLD WAR, you better believe that the 'end' of those things were MOMENTOUS!!! That event along with all of the hundreds of other events, large and small, have brought about the situation as it is TODAY, as history marches on. THUS the Faithful Slave has received more direction!!! Most of these people will not respond but many of them will and we have the angels to DIRECT us to those people, just as they directed His People to ME.

And so at times like these, I make a point of speaking with those who have known Jehovah longer than I, who have their own FAITH built on solid rock, and who have SEEN many more 'swift' and 'quick turns' of HIS CHARIOT, and then I know to an even greater DEPTH than I knew before, that we ARE at the END OF ALL THINGS. So my determination to be the kind of person that HE wants in HIS NEW WORLD, a TESTED and TRIED and FAITHFUL one, takes on a RENEWED DESIRE and I want to PLEASE HIM, striving ever harder, with more sincerity and gratitude for all that HE has done for me, for my children, for all those living now who have that chance, to be part of HIS GRAND PURPOSE, and be privileged enuff to have a share. If I die before ARMEGEDDON, then I PRAY that He will remember me, remember how I have loved HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS GRAND CREATION that has filled my eyes and heart to overflowing, how humbled I have felt that HE sacrificed HIS SON for ME, and all of this in my sinful state, that I may be like Daniel, that HE will allow me a 'portion' of his Grand earth that I so love, that I may "STAND UP for (my) lot" at the end of the days."

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Sir82 says, "Brother Totters, here's a phone and a list of names..." I wonder where these poor elderly are supposed to be phoning from? The lovely apartment Crooklyn will no doubt set them up in, all utilities paid, and phone bill taken care of too, no doubt? What about the very old, who desire to just plain RETIRE, and have no pension after all those years, and are getting booted out in the dead of winter? Yes, very loving and caring arrangements will surely be made by Jepoopah's Organization!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit