What JW's are saying regarding the downsizing at Bethel

by jimbob 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

The author of this email is a long time JW. She's experienced such wonderful, organizational blessings as pioneering, and while being a pioneer, having her faithful JW husband sleep with another sister and get her pregnant. (she miscarried but she's still with her husband) Ahhh...the wonderful life and blessings of a JW. So as one can see, she did have one thing correct in her email:

YOU KNOW ENOUGH IN YOUR STUDIES THAT IN THE TIME OF THE END THAT JEHOVAH'S PEOPLE WILL BE TURNED ON.

• r51785
    r51785

I think what we're dealing with here is a MIND NUMBED CULT ZOMBIE.

• aniron
    aniron

THE WHEELS OF JEHOVAH'S CHARIOT ARE MOVING FORWARD AND THE SCRIPTURES STATE THAT JEHOVAH WILL SPEED UP THINGS IN RIGHT TIME.

How many times did I hear that in my 20+ yrs as a JW !!

How is cutting a magazine down to one printing a month, moving forward?

How is cutting staff, moving forward?

Sending them out as pioneers .. What all of them??

That means they are going to have to find jobs.

How many of them will continue as pioneers in the outside world. ?

• caligirl
    caligirl

"ARE YOU ABLE TO DRINK MY CUP?" JEHOVAH WAS TRYING TO MENTALLY PREPARE HIS PEOPLE FOR WHAT WAS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE.

Hmm... this makes me think "Do you want Cherry or Grape Kool Aid?" as the next question! That is just scary!

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

All I can say is "There but for the grace of the Internet go I".....when I was 'in', I would have probably bought it too....how sad....

• gumby
    gumby
    YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE AWARE THAT WE ARE ONLY USING ONE AWAKE MAGAZINE A MONTH NOW. THIS IS SO THAT OUR MESSAGE CAN FOCUS PRIMARILY ON THE BIBLE AND SHOW PEOPLE THE SIGN OF THE LAST DAYS.

How timely! Here's what it boils down to and here's about how much sense it makes.

"Before this new change was made, our message didn't focus on the bible like it will now! Before this new change, we also didn't ever focus on the last days like we will now with just one AWAKE! per month instead of two. Two AWAKES! a month detracted from the bible and just one AWAKE! will detract much less. With just one AWAKE! per month, householders will be able to see much clearer the Sign of the Last Days. Isn't Jehovah progressive?" The only way her idea would work was if you offered two Watchtowers instead of one Watchtower and one AWAKE! Taking away one magazine a month doesn't stress their ideaology any more does it? Taking away one magazine a month doesn't stress the Last Days any stronger either. *wonders if he was that braindead as a witness* Gumby

Gumby

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    YOU KNOW ENOUGH IN YOUR STUDIES THAT IN THE TIME OF THE END THAT JEHOVAH'S PEOPLE WILL BE TURNED ON.

Hmmm......seems to me that the "faithful JW husband" was already TURNED ON when he got that loyal sister pregnant! Whaddya think?

I cannot "see" how cutting back, streamlining and downsizing everything in their path---can even be thought to be anything but a chariot DEEPLY stuck in the mud.

I DO "see" that all that will be leaving Bethel and scattered throughout various congregations and KHs.....will be doing so because there aren't enough qualified or willing "volunteers" to do the jobs that the WTS is expecting or wanting to be done.

How perfectly "noble" this all sounds----typical WTS stuff, and how perfectly predictable letters like this are.

Annie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    "IN 1918 WHEN OUR BROTHERS WERE PUT IN PRISON ON FALSE CHARGES, THE YEARS TEXT FOR THAT YEAR WAS "ARE YOU ABLE TO DRINK MY CUP?" JEHOVAH WAS TRYING TO MENTALLY PREPARE HIS PEOPLE FOR WHAT WAS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE."

"Are you able to drink my cup?" was the yeartext of 1915, when Russell had just postponed the end of the world to 1915 and the Bible Students were expecting to go to heaven.

The text for 1918 was " But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves" Again, for 1918 they expected the end of the world (outlined in the Seventh Volume).

I think she got it wrong because of this section in Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy, p296:

The prophecy is quite explicit as to when the 1,260 days would end—when there is "a finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces." In the middle of 1918, leading members of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, including its president, J. F. Rutherford, were convicted on false charges, sentenced to long terms of confinement, and imprisoned. God’s holy ones did indeed see their work ‘dashed to pieces,’ their power broken. Counting back three and a half years from mid-1918 brings us to the end of 1914. At that time the little band of anointed ones were bracing themselves for the onslaught of persecution. World War I had broken out, and opposition to their work was mounting. For the year 1915, they even based their yeartext on this question that Christ asked his followers: "Are ye able to drink of my cup?" (Matthew 20:22, King James Version)
  • joanne_
    joanne_

The jw's will look at this as a 'winding down of the preaching work'. And they probably look at the number of people leaving as a 'sifting of gods people'. So, oh yes, they will see this as a huge sign.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> WELL, THERE'S MORE. THEY HAVE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE REDUCING THE STAFF AT BETHEL. SOME WILL BE SENT OUT AS SPECIAL PIONEERS,

This was my favorite. Bethel is downsizing in order to send more of its volunteers into the all-important preaching work. Spin indeed!

I wonder how many 19-year-old toilet scrubbers they really need in the special pioneer work?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit