What JW's are saying regarding the downsizing at Bethel

by jimbob 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

I haven't posted anything for a while on JWD due to being busy with work and school, but this email was to much of a crack up not to post. This was sent to my wife today from her old JW friend. She forwarded it to me and I'm posting it with her permission. It's in regard to the recent Bethel downsizing and also regarding the recent change to publish the Awake monthly instead of bi-monthly. It was just too funny not to share. It amazes me how negative growth and downsizing can be attributed to Jehober and his organization moving forward. I guess whatever the glorious WT says they will believe. Try not to gag when reading.

SO IT'S BEEN A WHILE, ARE YOU STILL THINKING? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? I WANTED YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THE MANY CHANGES THAT ARE HAPPENING WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION.

YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE AWARE THAT WE ARE ONLY USING ONE AWAKE MAGAZINE A MONTH NOW. THIS IS A NEW THING STARTING WITH THE 2006 ISSUES. THIS IS SO THAT OUR MESSAGE CAN FOCUS PRIMARILY ON THE BIBLE AND SHOW PEOPLE THE SIGN OF THE LAST DAYS. THAT'S BEEN THE MESSAGE FOR A LONG TIME YOU MAY THINK.

WELL, THERE'S MORE. THEY HAVE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE REDUCING THE STAFF AT BETHEL. SOME WILL BE SENT OUT AS SPECIAL PIONEERS, SOME CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS, SOME AS PIONEERS...EVEN THE ELDERLY WILL BE ASSIGNED TO DO PHONE TERRITORY. THE WHEELS OF JEHOVAH'S CHARIOT ARE MOVING FORWARD AND THE SCRIPTURES STATE THAT JEHOVAH WILL SPEED UP THINGS IN RIGHT TIME. WELL, THAT RIGHT TIME IS NOW. WE HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED OF THE COMPLETE DETAILS AS IT WAS JUST ANNOUNCED THIS WEEKEND. BUT, AS YOU KNOW, NEWS TRAVELS FAST.

IN 1918 WHEN OUR BROTHERS WERE PUT IN PRISON ON FALSE CHARGES, THE YEARS TEXT FOR THAT YEAR WAS "ARE YOU ABLE TO DRINK MY CUP?" JEHOVAH WAS TRYING TO MENTALLY PREPARE HIS PEOPLE FOR WHAT WAS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE. OUR BROTHERS DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS AHEAD, BUT THEY KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE HARD. PROBABLY HARDER THAN THEY EXPECTED. THIS YEAR OUR TEXT IS "WE MUST OBEY GOD AS RULER RATHER THAN MEN" YOU KNOW ENOUGH IN YOUR STUDIES THAT IN THE TIME OF THE END THAT JEHOVAH'S PEOPLE WILL BE TURNED ON. JUST AS JEHOVAH PREPARED HIS PEOPLE FOR WHAT WAS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE, HE IS PREPARING US NOW.

IF YOU HAVE ANY DESIRE LEFT IN YOU TO TURN TO JEHOVAH AND PUT ALL THE BAD IN YOUR PAST IN THE PAST....PLEASE THINK ABOUT ALL OF THIS....THE TIME IS NOW TO TURN TO JEHOVAH. LET HIM TAKE CARE OF YOU AND ALL OF YOUR PAIN. LET HIM REMOVE ALL OF YOUR PAINFUL THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS. THERE IS NO ONE ON EARTH THAT CAN HEAL YOU LIKE JEHOVAH CAN.

*****, I LOVE YOU AND I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO RETURN TO JEHOVAH. THERE IS NOTHING LEFT IN THIS WORLD. YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO GIVE AND YOU ARE SUCH A LOVING PERSON. PLEASE THINK SERIOUSLY ABOUT YOUR FUTURE. I WANT TO HELP YOU, I REALLY DO. I HOPE I HEAR FROM YOU SOON. :)

• carla
    carla

my only comment is, .

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Try not to gag on this:

"GUESS WHAT????!! The other day I saw on one of the ticker-tapes that the POPE was quoted as saying that "individuals and nations should unite to (destroy or fight) fanatical...and religious fundamentalists"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is about half of Protestant churches and they put US in that same catergory too!!!! How BRAZEN and BOLD like the dark ages when the Church forced everyone to change their religion or die!!!! Only this time, "SHE" will get it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

ALong with IRAN wanting to blow ISRAEL 'off the map", and becoming a nuclear power, we are seeing the 'makings' of Babylon's END!!!!

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you talk with ***** and find out about the MAJOR changes at BETHEL!!!!!!????? that will definitely affect them??!!!

WOWOWOWOW!!!

Jehovah's NAME be praised forever!!!!!!!!!"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

THE WHEELS OF JEHOVAH'S CHARIOT ARE MOVING FORWARD AND THE SCRIPTURES STATE THAT JEHOVAH WILL SPEED UP THINGS IN RIGHT TIME.

Yes we are ripe and ready for a new release soon -Ezekiel and Jehovahs Chariot

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I dont mean to be vulgar, But, you must be sh!!ing me. That is the most incredulous spin I have ever heard of. I am now convinced that the boys in writing must moonlight within the bush administration.

• jimbob
    jimbob

It appears that Jehobers chariot has gotten a flat tire with no spare.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I feel sorry for this woman. She is so desperate to believe. Can you tell us how long she has been a dub for? From her letter it appears to me she is one of these that have been in for such a long time, had that carrot dangled in front of them and are getting desperate for their 'reward'.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If you didn't tell me that person is sincere, it would look JUST LIKE black propaganda. Weird!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    THERE IS NO ONE ON EARTH THAT CAN HEAL HURTYOU LIKE JEHOVAH CAN.

I always thought this. We need to be healed from what Jehovah has done to us.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband always sings me this song from his non-JW days whenever Ezekiel's chariot is mentioned. I wonder if they could make it a kingdom song?

Ezekiel Saw Two Wheels A-Rolling (source: "Rise Up Singing", Peter Blood and Annie Patterson, 1992.)

Ezekiel saw two wheels a-rolling,
    Way in the middle of the air.
    A wheel within a wheel a-rolling,
    One wheel ran by faith.
    The other ran by the grace of God,
    A wheel within a wheel a-rolling,
    Ezekiel saw two flames a-burning,
    A flame within a flame a-burning,