What JW's are saying regarding the downsizing at Bethel

by jimbob 43 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    THIS YEAR OUR TEXT IS "WE MUST OBEY GOD AS RULER RATHER THAN MEN"

I pray the JWs with see this text for what it really means and consider another text..."Do not put your trust in nobles".

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

same old thinking, just applying it to this decade.........they never change and never will...........it's sad to think how many people are wasting their lives dwelling on the negative in life, instead of promoting and spreading the positive. I am so blessed to have woken up and decided to live my life in joy and happiness than tied to a death cult. Does the world have problems? Most certainly. Do we all need to make changes to stop destroying our precious planet? Yes we do. And, I see many many people making those changes. Not all of us want to be materialistically focused, ecologically destructive inhabitants. There are many who are choosing to recycle, explore ecological solutions to the fuel issues and even to downsize their homes to make as little impact on the environment as possible. I ask myself: how much room do I need to live my life in comfort and happiness? It turns out that I find I need much less than I used to think I did. There are so many wonderful ideas out there, for instance, how about making your roof a "green" roof? I don't own my own home yet, but, if I ever do, I have garnered many ideas from cutting edge green technology, and not surprisingly, many of them were used by our so called primitive societies. Sorry, to have climbed up on my soapbox, I'll get off now! Terri

"The ancient ways have not ceased to work, we have ceased to work the ancient ways".

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Moving from a nice place like Bethel into the real world and having to do tons more door-to-door work would be a huge culture shock. I can't imagine it. Really dreadful.

As for people turning on the organization.... yeah, they are turning their backs and leaving. As for persecution, it's only criminal prosecution.... as for the rest of this country there are more faith-based initiatives, there is more religion, more christianity today than ever.

Rolling my eyes at the writer.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    SOME WILL BE SENT OUT AS SPECIAL PIONEERS, SOME CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS, SOME AS PIONEERS...EVEN THE ELDERLY WILL BE ASSIGNED TO DO PHONE TERRITORY.

I wonder... How many CO's and DO's are going to be fired downsized to make room for the Bethelite CO/DO's.

Yes, we know too well how the senior adults are treated by the WTBT$. That's right put them on the phones to do your telemarketing.

Too bad Watchtower because the National DO NOT CALL law includes y'all.

THE WHEELS OF JEHOVAH'S CHARIOT ARE MOVING FORWARD AND THE SCRIPTURES STATE THAT JEHOVAH WILL SPEED UP THINGS IN RIGHT TIME. WELL, THAT RIGHT TIME IS NOW.

Uh huh. You just wait and see what Jehovah has in store for the WTBT$.

WE HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED OF THE COMPLETE DETAILS AS IT WAS JUST ANNOUNCED THIS WEEKEND. BUT, AS YOU KNOW, NEWS TRAVELS FAST.

That's odd. All the apostates knew about this over a week ago. Isn't it great how Joe Hoba keeps his people informed.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Too bad Watchtower because the National DO NOT CALL law includes y'all.

Unfortunately, legally recognized charitable organizations are excluded from this law. The rest of what you wrote was right on point.

AuldSoul

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    SOME WILL BE SENT OUT AS SPECIAL PIONEERS, SOME CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS, SOME AS PIONEERS...EVEN THE ELDERLY WILL BE ASSIGNED TO DO PHONE TERRITORY.

Maybe this is in response to some of the damage and wrongs that are being committed by the shepherds at local halls Perhaps Bethel has heard the cries of the sheep?. Would that be so bad?

• icare4u
    icare4u

I pray the JWs with see this text for what it really means and consider another text..."Do not put your trust in nobles".

I see that scripture quoted alot in here and it puzzles me. From the time of God ORGANIZED His people into a Nation He has ALWAYS used other humans to convey His instructions. The days of the Apostles, Peter, Paul and so-on wrote Most of the New Testament. Those Letters they wrote contain INSTRUCTIONS on how to worship God and how to act as a Christian, should we apply that Scripture ( Not trusting Nobles) to them? I think not.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    That's odd. All the apostates knew about this over a week ago. Isn't it great how Joe Hoba keeps his people informed.

hehe...........maybe the apostates got better horses for their chariot than Jeehoover?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I see that scripture quoted alot in here and it puzzles me. From the time of God ORGANIZED His people into a Nation He has ALWAYS used other humans to convey His instructions. The days of the Apostles, Peter, Paul and so-on wrote Most of the New Testament. Those Letters they wrote contain INSTRUCTIONS on how to worship God and how to act as a Christian, should we apply that Scripture ( Not trusting Nobles) to them? I think not.

Can you think of an example where God had men running his show, but didn't give them miracles to validate their appointment by him?

Moses had miracles, so did Jesus, the apostles. Who was it that called down fire from Jehovah to eat up the sacrifice, Isaiah?

What has the Governing Body got? What did Russell have? Just the excuse, "We don't need miracles anymore." Too convenient for my liking.

Dave

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Unfortunately, legally recognized charitable organizations are excluded from this law. The rest of what you wrote was right on point.

AuldSoul

True. However, the local Kingdom Hall here is not listed as a charitable organisation. Therefore, if enough complaints are filed listing the local KH here and it is discovered they are not recognised as a charitable organisation they are in violation of the law. I don't think the WTBT$ considers the local KH telemarketers as employees so the fact that the Watchtower is recognised will not hold water here because Tennessee has its own antitelemarketer law that is just as well worded as the federal law.

I say, let them call one of my cell phones and I'll be glad to let them give me a good Watchtower witness. I on't even tattle on them because I love opportunities to share a few tidbits about the truth. Stuff like the AWAKE going to once a month. I shared that with 5 or 6 of the dubs about 6 months ago. They called me a liar then but the AWAKE is once a month and the rest of the Borg is slowly disentegrating in front of their astonished eyes and blinded minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit