Within Our Lifetime Again?

by GermanXJW 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

There always has to be a carrot at the end of the stick, there was one for 120 years and there will be one for as long as the WTS exists. They need to motivate the R&F along the usual lines of a soon to be paradise but also frighten them with the horrors of armagedon.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Maybe. But more likely he never saw the information get planted, and when it grew he assumed it was his.

Yep! I saw his post and thought....This guy is really brainwashed to the MAX!

• ferret
    ferret

Notice they said could and not would. But all the little dubs will buy into it.

It's like saying a cow could jump over the moon, by wether

it would is another story.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Considering people for hundreds of years back then, when Noah preach for 120 years it is likely that the people that first heard were still alive 120 years later to witness the flood.
    So JWs can't apply this rule because no one is alive today from 120 years ago to witness armagedon.

What's the point of having to preach that long anyway. You'll only be confronted with a new batch of heathens that need converting. Preaching beyond one generation doesn't make sense.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    As an example, I can truthfully say that the readers of this post could see a meteor the size of mars strike the earth

Wrong unless your not on the earth. You'd be dead before it hit.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Saying the reader could see God's judgement is quite clever for them, you could apply that reasoning to many possible situations. They aren't making the mistake of hinting at a specific date, like they have so many times in the past, just saying enough to create a measure of expectancy in the r&f. I can imagine more than a few in my old cong who will be excited when they go through this article.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Jam yesterday.

Jam tomorrow.

Never Jam today.

HB

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

If you want to believe that this system is coming to an end I say thats terrific! I have some land in the new system of things that is for sale at a real cheap price. Just send me 1 million dollars and it will be yours but do it soon as the kingdom could happen any time now

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    I thing it was Feb 1st 2006. The last sentence of the first article said something like the reader could live to see God's judgement.

You might be referring to the next to last sentence on the 2nd article (pg 7).

".....God's new world just ahead."

Spectrum:

when Noah preach for 120 years

Why do you say Noah preached 120 years?

B

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The 120 thing arose when the WT spun the words of Genesis 6:3 wherein the gods are decreeing a limit of 120 year human lifespan. They recognize this contradicts the lifespan of Abraham and 15 others who were after the Flood story and so found a new way to spin it. This requires God being so distraught over the violence and immorality that he sat on his butt for 120 years. The real answer is that the Flood legend was inserted into the narrative at a later time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit