Within Our Lifetime Again?

by GermanXJW 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

u know when they channged the generation thing? Well i never understood why people left coz theres that other scrip that talks about the end not coming unless all flesh is saved, and they apply that to the annointed still being on earth, tho funnily enough i havent seen it in their literture for a while, maybe there hoping people will forget it,

I always said if that changes i was off and my family agreed!

anyone know if anything has happened to that 'understanding!!!'

• zagor
    zagor
    reader could live to see God's judgement.

So they are not sure any more?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Cordelia, I think maybe your recalling 2 Pete3 which was written decades after the Gospels and attempted to offer an explanation why Jesus had not returned yet by saying:

9( W ) The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but ( X ) is patient toward you, ( Y ) not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

IOW the end has not come yet because god wants everyone to become a Christain and so he is waiting. Well by that logic the end is a long time comming yet. Notice,the chapter opening slips by referring to "your Apostles" when the author was supposed to be the Apostle Peter.

2 that you should ( C ) remember the words spoken beforehand by ( D ) the holy prophets and ( E ) the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.
  • peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Or maybe your remembering the "And thus, all Israel shall be saved" in Rom. 11:26?

Or was it the WT article that in one paragraph said that all the 144k would be 'sealed' prior to the end in an article that suggested that there was no need for any 'annointed' to still be alive when the end comes becuase the Nethinim were being trained?

• TD
    TD

I've looked, but I can't find anything like this in the February 1st 2006 issue. There is a statement on page 7 in the January 1st 2006 issue that sounds only vaguely like what was described, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for:

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

And just think - all those people who say "no I'm not interested" when I offer them the latest copy of Pulp Religion Monthly have full knowledge that they are refusing the opportunity to come to an accurate understanding of God and live forever on a paradise on Earth!!!

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Yeah, my mom says people alive in 1914 will see the end. So I'm wondering what will happen when nobody from 1914 is alive anymore. As was suggested, they'll pretend they never said it and hope nobody remembers.

• blondie
    blondie

TD, looks like a good find. It helps if you have the magazine and can put the direct quote up on the board.

Blondie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Thanks, TD, that is what I was looking for.

"You will also see how Christ will lead the ultimate conquest of evil."

That sounds to me very specific like when the wrote about the conclusion of the preaching work in the 20th century. I wonder if we will find the sentence above in the bound volume.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Nooooo. The context of the paragraph is taking in knowledge and learning. If the reader does that, they'll learn how to cope with evil now and learn ('see') how Christ will conquer evil ultimately (bringing the thought around to the theme on the front page 'Will Good Triumph Over Evil'). That's what they're trying to say here - not that the reader will see Christ conquer evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit