Aliens/UFO's...Do You Believe In Them?

by Legolas 63 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Every so often this subject reappears. So I keep this link to my own personal experience handy.

Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum - Topic: HELP! Real UFO experience. No Joke.

• seven006
    seven006

I have always been skeptical of things that do not hold to tangible evidence like UFO’s and supernatural events. I do however keep an open mind to most things.

My dad was a part of the 209th bomber squadron stationed at Roswell in 1947 when the UFO landing was to supposedly have happened. I have asked him several times if he had heard about any of this when he was stationed there. He has always said no, not a word about it. The last time we discussed this was a few weeks ago when we were talking about one of my sons being stationed at Diego Garcia. A highly guarded and somewhat secret air force base on a tiny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. This place is harder to get to and under more secrecy than area 51. My son is part of the air force security force there.

I did some research on the island and found some strange comments about it which included UFO sightings as well as it not being touch in the tsunami a year ago. I don’t put much credence in those types of claims but thought it interesting. When I mentioned it to my dad, he immediately told me to quit reading about such crap and remember what happened when the east coast of this country went a little crazy when H.G. Wells did his War of The Worlds radio program in 1938 (my dad was 9 years old at the time). He also went on to say how the world couldn’t handle it if UFO’s and alien encounters were true. He has never made those additional comments before.

My brother in law owns a small town newspaper in McMinnville Oregon. In 1950 his paper (then called The Telephone-Register now The News Register) published a photo taken by Paul Trent, a farmer living on the outskirts of town at the time. This photo is one of the most famous photos ever taken of a UFO and to this day has not been proven to be any kind of a hoax or has been retouched in anyway. I have had conversations with Phil Bladine, my brother in law’s father and the editor of the newspaper at the time of the photo being printed not only in their paper but in Life Magazine. Phil had told me about the many experts who examined both the photos and negatives and had declared them to be authentic and untouched or manipulated.

I had asked my brother in law if they still had the negative so that I could look at them myself. I have been a professional illustrator and photo retoucher for many years and wanted to examine them myself. With modern digital technology I know if I could look at the original negatives as well as scan them into my computer I could tell if they had been touched up in any way. Back in the 50’s negatives were touch up by hand and with the simplest magnifying tools the film manipulation would have been fairly obvious. By scanning them and trying to detect variations of gray tone and film grain inconsistencies changes would also be fairly obvious to me. He told me his dad sent the original negatives to a researcher years ago and he has not seen them since.

I would have loved to have seen the negatives. I have seen the prints and because of the somewhat primitive retouching capabilities of the time, it would have been extremely difficult to impossible to retouch the photos to manipulate them and retouch out the things the skeptics of the time say were taken out of the photos to create a hoax (wires, strings, car rear view mirrors etc.).

Even though I have had the chance to talk to two people who were involved with two of the most famous UFO incidences reported in the United States (my dad who was stationed at Roswell at the time and Phil Bladine the editor of the paper that first printed the famous Trent UFO photos) I remain an open-minded skeptic.

After all, at one time I believed in talking snakes and floating Zoos. Now I do not.

Dave

• Legolas
    Legolas

Wow Proplog2 and Seven and all of the other stories...they are very interesting!

• kls
    kls

Ive seen a video clip of a monkey who holds his winky while he pees, and he pees straight up into his mouth.

Its kinda funny.

I have seen it and it is pretty funny Glad i ain't got no Winky

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - the odds are too great.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In 1957 my cousin and I were returning from a neighbor's house in Louisiana at night when we both saw a green ball in the sky. Had no trail of fire. It disappeared in the trees and never made one sound. Scared us good. Others apparently saw it too because the explanation given was that it was swamp gas. The second time was in the latter 1960s when numerous students at a college in Kentucky that I attended saw something in the sky. My roommate was one of them and he was almost hysterical over it. I didn't see it, but the whole campus was in an uproar over it. It even made the papers. The official explanation was that it was a barium cloud from a rocket fired at Wallops Island, Virginia. So, I think people are seeing things--some of it is man made; some is probably natural phenomena that we haven't yet identified. These two incidents have not convinced be of visitors from outer space. It will take something much more concrete than that.

• Navigator
    Navigator

What about the "wheel" that Ezekial saw. Sounds very much like a UFO. Could the "Nephelium" who found the daughters of earth to be attractive be visitors from outer space?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't agree with the WTS teaching that simply because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets that it doesn't exist.

Out of the billions of planets out there, I do belive that there are many that are able to sustain life as we know it on earth.

I do believe that some of these planets have life, such as plants, maybe quite possibly a small animal, or bugs.

I don't know if there is intelligent life out there. But I am ok not knowing.

But, I do find it hard to believe that with all these billions of planets, that there isn't something else out there. Why make it all if you are not going to use it?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    But, I do find it hard to believe that with all these billions of planets, that there isn't something else out there. Why make it all if you are not going to use it?

I don't about the making it part..LOL...But out of all those billions of planets...there has to be other life!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

no, but they make good movies and interesting topics on Art Bell's show...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit