I'm going to give you one more chance.

by LDH 57 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

intellectual pile-drive. Hilarity.

I got passing marks on the paper, but I am sure that Mr Anderson knew how disconnected from reality we Jw's were after he read it.

Ya think? I think I got a lot of my 'call a spade a spade' personality from people like Miss Galbraith who deal strictly with reality as opposed to JW-land.

Cheezy, can ya stand it.

Jankyn, we weren't even allowed to take biology. That was a 10th grade class. That effectively put an end to my scientific training, LOL. I took "Earth Science" for three years running. ROTFLMAO!!!!

It seems a lot of us were little bots in training, taking the advice of the FDS to witness in school which really only served to isolate and humiliate JW children in public. This way, the 'suffering' that you do for the sake of 'Jesus name' is really a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's great fun reading your stories too. Keep em coming. Leolaia, did I mention the Health paper I wrote on "Subliminal Images in Advertising". Right around the time 'images' were being seen in the WT and Awake.

I've got to find that damn report and post it. I actually got an A+ but I think it was because of the format and not because of the content.

Lisa

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I remember my 10th grade biology class, too. It was my favorite subject.

But, everytime we had a test, I'd mark it all up with Bible scriptures & WT 'logic' to prove evolution could not possibly be true. It did irritate me that I wasn't given a choice on my answers. I think it should have said, "According to the text book (not your personal beliefs) ...what's the answer?"

I embarrassed myself, too. I just didn't know it at the time.

The teacher took pity on me and did not fail me. She said I had 'promise'.

And I wanted to be a biologist ! Well, pioneering took care of that.

Rabbit

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

LDH, with all that effort you put into that paper, I can only imagine the shock you felt when you discovered the WBTS agreed to uphold the charter of the UN and a NGO. LOL

I remember doing some collages and using Watchtower and Awake! pictures. But I dont think I ever did a secular report using WBTS publications, thank the maker.

• zagor
    zagor
    JW of today have really weakened their message from twenty years ago when I was a teenager.

So much that they've joined great beast herself, LMAO. You know I don't think we should let NGO thing goes quietly into the night and be forgotten like so many other things. I know many here feel its an old news but it really isn't most dubs including many elders and COs don't even know about its full extent.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

LDH- That made me laugh after I felt that really sick feeling I would get as a child in class. I hated that feeling.

I'll share, in first semester of High school, (9th) grade I wrote a paper about the abortion subject. I was a great lil' theocratic speaker by then. I had volume, pausing, gestures and a great amount of animation and drama going on. I proceeded to write of babies being sliced up in the uterus, the vacuum suction, the heartbeat stopping and a real graphic tale of terror. (Condemning all the people via the New World Translation to death that practiced abortion.) I then worked in a great JW witness on the state of death and ended it with a big douse of drama with silence at the state of death being displayed. (Just like that poor baby) This was followed by dead quiet from the class. They had clapped for all others, but were silent on mine.

I too got a bad grade and a stern talking to by my teacher. I had to pre-approve all subject matter after that with her if it was an oral presentation.

I was actually a very shy girl, so this just tore me up. I was so embarrassed. This was a small portion of a terrible case of stomach aches that I had as a child. I stressed on everything.

I just read your post and I felt that tummy ache again. OH, HOW I HATED THAT!

• LDH
    LDH
    I then worked in a great JW witness on the state of death and ended it with a big douse of drama with silence at the state of death being displayed. (Just like that poor baby) This was followed by dead quiet from the class. They had clapped for all others, but were silent on mine.

OK, funny in retrospect but not at that time.

I was a great lil' theocratic speaker by then I had volume, pausing, gestures and a great amount of animation and drama going on

I believe it was impressive to teachers that I was able to give my presentations (for what they were worth) delivered with full confidence, etc. Man that was old school. If you got a "W" in the TheoCraptic Ministry school you felt lower than low, like you had let Jehooba himself down.

You know I don't think we should let NGO thing goes quietly into the night and be forgotten like so many other things

agree, Zagor. This is one that really chaps my ass.

LDH, with all that effort you put into that paper, I can only imagine the shock you felt when you discovered the WBTS agreed to uphold the charter of the UN and a NGO
    Darth, hate to say it, but by that time I had pretty much thrown in the towel and was more or less, like WHATEVA. Didn't surprise me. I was shaking my head in disgust though I can tell ya that.
  • LDH
    LDH

OK c'mon I wanna hear some more stories. When I write things like this, it's my hope a lurker or two will see themselves reflected in our experiences and not feel quite so alone.

Lisa

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Man that was old school. If you got a "W" in the TheoCraptic Ministry school you felt lower than low, like you had let Jehooba himself down.

Yeah, in hindsight, it really is a sad thing. Thus, that sick feeling still of so much embarassment for having done such a heartless speach on something I could not possibly still know the issues a person feels when going thru concideration of an abortion. I can only read of the decision, or hold a "sis" when she cries over the past, but I can never be educated enough to give a speech like that to anyone. It is still embarrasing. So I use a lot of humor to deal with it.

We all know, that it is all the past, but every once in a while I smell a scent, like a book opening, or see a "four color process magazine", or the swish of a womens pantyhose as they walk by, (creeking like a cricket) and that feeling comes over me. Brrrr. It is a rush to close that cold feeling out.

• evita
    evita

Oh yes, I did this too in 10th grade World History. I chose to do a report on Paul's Journeys or some such nonsense using only WT publications as references. I felt so smart and smug when I turned this in. I think I received a B but my teacher always looked at me with pity in her eyes after that. She also wrote some comments on my paper about using varied references and some other humiliating but valuable criticisms. UGH!
    This thread has a lot of people from CA. Anyone from Sonoma County? Do I know anyone here?
    Eva

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I recently rediscovered my research paper on why birthdays are BAD, BAD, BAD....mebbe I should post it sometime. (I wrote it because a friend asked me to come to her birthday party and I wrote it to explain why I couldn't go....she later told me she was almost convinced herself by the paper and was troubled by it but her pastor reassured her that birthdays were fine)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit