I'm going to give you one more chance.

by LDH 57 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am utterly amazed at how many did the same thing! I did too - my teacher was Mr Anderson - the class World History 10th grade. The subject the LoN and Un. All my refs were from Wt pubs.

I got passing marks on the paper, but I am sure that Mr Anderson knew how disconnected from reality we Jw's were after he read it.

Jeff

• LDH
    LDH
    why I would quote an atheist who believes in evolution to try to support a paper on creation. I felt stupid, and I couldn't figure out how using the creation book had earned me scorn from my teacher.

Amen.

Hilarious,

You guys rock. I bet these new little whippersnappers wouldn't think of quoting this garbage in their research papers.

Lisa

Bought In, Class

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

LMAO!

I think that even puts my 10th grade biology paper on evolution to shame...which was pretty detailed and laid out itself.

I was deep, but not Actually bring info on League of Nations into the classroom deep.

Axel

• cheezy
    cheezy

LDH:

How painful! And you were so proud of your little JW masterpiece and sure that Teach would swoon over it and come to Jesus (aka WTS)! Say Halleleuia!

Isn't there something in the Bible about "your children asked for bread and you gave them stones"? Or was that Shakespeare? Anyhoo.........the approved publications we were given really hung us out to dry.........

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

As adults who are now awake, we might take an opportunity to clue local teachers in to what a unique opportunity they have in waking Witness kids up. They will have to keep it academic, of course, but they can properly question a child's reasoning on choice of support and point out errors in the sources chosen.

Just a thought. Arming the public to understand why they should help and how to help may go much father in the long run than any other activity we could engage in versus the Society.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The Watchtower always praises their little dubbie clones in the magazines for "taking a stand for the truth" by doing reports and presenting them in school. Naturally they only mention the ones that get pity praise from teachers and dopey classmates.. never the belly laughs and intellectual pile-drives from people who actually have a clue and can recognize cultish bullshit for what it is.

That was an awesome story, cracked me up!

GBL

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

These stories and remembering my own mindset at the time I was a jw reminds me to give new posters and those on there way out a little slack.

I mean we really really really bought into this stuff hook, line and sinker...and there was no one who was going to convince us otherwise!

Looking back, ...its so embarassing.

Axel (of the uggh! class)

• TD
    TD

Priceless LDH.

Makes me feel really bad for your 10th grade self though. You didn't know you were doing anything wrong...

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Oh, this is a hoot.

Our 10th grade biology teacher got a wonderful new copy of the Evolution book, along with a note exempting each little JW bot from attending class when the section on evolution was covered. Then, of course, each little JW bot in turn gave an experience about witnessing to the biology teacher at the appropriate venue--my cousin even used the story at a circuit assembly.

Furthermore, the only way to get an "A" in her class was to write a detailed research paper in addition to all the course work.

Being a small town, Miss B knew I was from a JW family--she'd already gotten copies of the Evolution book from three older cousins. When I approached her at the start of the school year, I could see her eyes rolling in advance.

She said, "Let me guess. You want to do your research paper on evolution."

But I was a savvy little apostate-in-training.

I said, "No, I was hoping to write about sharks." (This was the year of JAWS, after all).

Later that year, I was helping her put away lab equipment, and saw a stack of those little blue Evolution books being used to balance a broken table. Hee hee.

Jankyn, still likes sharks class (and do you know they haven't changed a bit in the last several million years, unlike humans?)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL, I remember (blushingly) my own high school research papers. Which ones should I mention?

• That all languages do indeed come from a single language that got "corrupted"
    • That the Bible is scientific and has lots of astronomy in it (this one was extra credit)
    • Biology paper in support of creation instead of evolution
    • Paper for English class in support of JW christology

There are a few others which I am even more loathe to mention...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit