Health Care: A Right or a Privilege?

by prophecor 401 Replies latest members politics

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

We need to lull the capitalist running dogs of Amerika into a false sense of security and blind them to our pinko-commie nefariousness. Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Ha! Huh?

THAT was funny...!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I thought the "Huh?", at the end, was an especially appealing touch

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LT, it's a play on this: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/97372/1.ashx (which I agree is worth consideration).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I thought the "Huh?", at the end, was an especially appealing touch

lol, yes, very Letterman-esque

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gawd, you've got a good memory. I forgot about that thread entirely (sorry Terry)!

• stillconcerned
  • Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2
    Isn't it great how Americans are so devoted to capitalistic principles? A company employing people at will is socially derilict. Yes, it maximises their potential flexibility and arguably profitability, but minimises social obligations. Obviously the fact I think employers have social obligations is my opinion

So does this mean a company should hire anyone that wants a job, whether they are deserving (as in qualified) or not?

• Terry
    Terry
    Isn't it great how Americans are so devoted to capitalistic principles? A company employing people at will is socially derilict. Yes, it maximises their potential flexibility and arguably profitability, but minimises social obligations. Obviously the fact I think employers have social obligations is my opinion
    So does this mean a company should hire anyone that wants a job, whether they are deserving (as in qualified) or not?

This whole notion of SOCIETY is so wonky!

Let us remove the phoney trappings of what SOCIETY is.

SOCIETY is people living together.

You can learn a great deal about society by studying man; but, you cannot learn anything about man by studying society.

Standing back and looking at a GROUP makes all the members of the group look EQUAL. This is a false view. An individual person runs their own life. A GROUP is run by LEADERS. Groups have leaders. What is irrational in the leader becomes transferred to the group. Like illness it is contagious. It is the individual who always suffers.

Many societies have come and gone and left their imprint on history for us to study. But, it was the human being as an individual who gained or lost thereby. Do we remember Greece as having conquered the world? No. Alexander the Great was an individual. Was the genius of the Roman Empire the social art of its citizens or was it the Caesar, the man-god who was the engine of its might? Even the contagion of vast religious movements is always the work of a man: Abraham, Jesus, Paul, Constantine, Luther, etc.)

What do we learn about these groups through history (be they families, tribes, city-states, or empires.) ? We learn that their fortunes are the result of the kinds of leadership they were driven by.

From this scrutiny we discover (and are not surprised to find) the flaws of the leadership become the price paid by the group as a whole.

If your leader declares war it is the young men (and now, often the young women) who die in his "cause".

If your leader hates Jews and your philosophy is duty---the Jews will die and your handprint will be upon it. But, it is called "national service". You see, SOCIETY is just a mob demanding your obedience when you get right down to it. Your DUTY is to shut up and do what you are told because it is for the "common cause".

We teach our children to recite mindless words like "alliegance" and attach their devotion to a piece of fabric said to represent the entire Nation in which they live. When they grow older that piece of fabric beckons them to serve it and they die on foreign soil. It is sacrifice of self. Now their "self" has value to the Nation! Had they refuse they would not be selfless; they would be selfish and called "cowards". There is no pledge for the individual to himself alone; it isn't tolerated.

Everywhere we find that the GROUP does our thinking and its demands are endless. The leaders of the GROUP hide behind their duty and position and we are given to believe the notion they were "chosen" by the majority. Yet, the actual vote count might not reflect the choice!! One by one our heroes and leaders prove time and again they are merely human. When they are caught serving their own secret human needs (selfish!) through graft, bribery, deceit or larceny---it is the GROUP who bears the anger and shame and pays the costs.

It isn't SOCIETY that needs healthcare. It isn't SOCIETY that pays the costs. It is the person who does not understand what an individual is who demands that others do what he does not (read: cannot) provide for his own self. The payment of healthcare costs comes not through voluntary thought or a spirit of comraderie and giving; it comes from an edict and the force of compulsory legislation from leadership at the hands of ideologues driven by group-think.

The INDIVIDUAL is a rarity in a SOCIETY. It is the odd man out. An individual makes his own decisions and is called a cynic and a square peg. Yet, this much maligned and abused individual is the genius who has made all the great discoveries and boons that others have benefited from. No committee ever invented a lightbulb or wrote an opera or cured polio. It was not Rodin's "duty" to society to create THE THINKER. It wasn't Van Gogh's humanitarian impulses that created Starry Night. It was the spark of genius that only an individual has and no society can glom off.

We are a nation of fat-bellied, pennant-waving cheerleaders who root for teams of over-priced athletes so that we can absorb vicariously their animal victories and feel we possess the power and glory for ourselves as a GROUP. We are teams and political parties and nationalities and ethnicities with nowhere in sight a lone individual to be seen. When one appears and stands tall in achievement and singular vision; we can't wait to tear him down and grind him into the smithereens of the paparazzi and the feckless press.

The only RIGHT which can be possessed by a human being is the RIGHT to his very own life to own and nurture and improve......or.....neglect and abuse or ignore to his peril. At the point of peril the quivering lump of flesh cries out in a loud voice: "I HAVE NEED" and demands that the earners, the doers, the ambitious and successful come to his beckoned call and heap bounties of humanitarian largesse into the vast pool of his neediness. Why? IT IS THEIR DUTY to serve his NEED because they cannot be allowed to be individuals.....noooooo.....they must think of themselves as a GROUP, and what is good for the GROUP is what they must serve.

Duty.

Service.

Self-sacrifice.

Allegience.

All are canards of the weak to bring down the engines of genius to their own level as slaves. It is working!

Bah!

T.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Some Samurai you'd bl**dy well make!

• Terry
    Terry
    Some Samurai you'd bl**dy well make!

If it comes down to Sam or I-----let Sam do it!! That's society's way

T

Share this

Google+