Today at the KH, Hopefully opens my wifes' eyes

by DaCheech 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

See the thing is, Odrade, some of us try to see things with everyone's perspective in view. You only insist on your viewpoint being honored.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Confession,

Up until I started questioning the way child abuse was handled in our hall, we were a very popular family. First visits and presents in the hospital after each birth (in a hospital out of town) were by elders and wives. Get togethers with elders families and ours were the norm. Camping trips, the whole nine yards.

It wasn't until I stood up and said that things are handled WRONG in regards to child abuse that I was marked and shunned.

Shame on anyone-especially an elder- that would turn their back on a struggling mother just because his wife and her cronies told him to.

• Odrade
    Odrade

No, I don't. I insist on people treating children like children and parents like parents. You are insisting that I see it YOUR way and assume that an infant was making SO MUCH NOISE while sleeping that this brother, (who could not even immediately identify the source of the horrible disturbance,) found it necessary to ask the parent to do something about the irritating noise.

• Odrade
    Odrade

And also, how are you honoring EVERYONE'S perspective by defending the Servant who ask that the horrible noise be corrected, rather than the belaboured mother?

• Confession
    Confession
    Shame on anyone-especially an elder- that would turn their back on a struggling mother just because his wife and her cronies told him to.

Too, her position was similar to Odrade's. You see it wasn't that I was not willing to help. My wife was suggesting that the sister would get angry at me for approaching her. By the way, kudos for standing up when you did.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Sorry, I misunderstood.

And thank you.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Maybe your wife also realized there would be something about the way you would approach her. If you are anything in real life like you sound on this thread, I would take any approach by you as a reproach for my child being a little bit noisy or active. But, in the spirit of the "fairness" that you espouse here, maybe TooOpinionated read your comment, (as I did,) as your wife saying something to the effect of "we won't help her because we don't like her, so you better not either..."

• Confession
    Confession

Odrade, I have already acknowledged that if this brother spoke unkindly or harshly to this man, that it was clearly wrong for him to do so. I have also acknowledged that we disagree on this matter. The difference is that my position takes into consideration everyone's opinion in a group. To this day, if I were placed in charge of any group presentation and a situation like this occurred, I would wait to see if it stopped or lessened. It almost always does. But if it continued indefinitely, is loud and constant, and others were visibly distracted and began to complain to me about it, I would approach the parent and ask if I could help. If they refused, I would sit back down, having done what I could. If an infant's snoring is not loud and constant, then we have nothing to worry about. If it is, then everyone's perspective must be considered.

And also, how are you honoring EVERYONE'S perspective by defending the Servant who ask that the horrible noise be corrected, rather than the belaboured mother?

You would like to position me as the defender of that attendant. I will not assume that position, as I've acknowledged a few times I was not there. I have only called attention to the fact that some parents become angry when approached about their child's disturbances no matter the manner. The "belaboured mother" is supposed to be asked if she needs help. Isn't that a loving way to honor her?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

If it's the way I think it occurred then this is my take on it...
    I'd have to disagree with some of the posters on this thread.
    I think kids snoring at a public anything where people have taken time and energy to go to and have to concentrate is not acceptable, I don't care how much love JW are meant to exhibit.
    Maybe the JW dealing with it came on too strong to the father of the snoring kid but the fact remains that the child was annoying everyone that could hear him.
    It is not the child's fault it is the parents fault for not having stopped the child from snoring in the first place with a simple nudge.
    I'd be angry with any parent that saw fit to 'allow' a child to snore whilst silence is required. The whole point of being there is to hear someone talk not snore.
    Some parents get so precious about their children they lose any sense of responsibility to others around them. That annoys the hell out of me.
    And I don't want to hear any cra*p about, 'oh you probably don't have any children'.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

sorry it has to be said.. you really dont have children do ya!! I can see the difference in posts from people who do and understand how difficult it is, to those who dont, in my experience it was elders and servants who were childless that were the most difficult, they had no idea how hard it was just to GET to the meeting! Sorry, until you know what you're talking about.. you dont know what you're talking about.

Poppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit