Today at the KH, Hopefully opens my wifes' eyes

by DaCheech 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Poppy,
    I understand what you are saying regarding the difficulties of parenthood. My sister has several children and I've seen the way they have worn her down and me too when on occasion they all stay over. I'm their fun uncle and they love me because I treat them as my equals with love and respect. I'm very close to them and my sister has given me a free hand on dealing with them. If one of them was snoring or talking in any type of meeting I would resolve the situation myself because I would feel bad for the people being disturbed. Are we still talking about the same thing Poppy?

"So do you think a simple nudge ?"
    Whatever it takes Poppy as long as the childs welfare is not affected. One nudge or two, swaying removing the child to the back until it changes its sleep pattern and quietens down.
    "or a stern talking to was what this baby needed"
    Poppy I never put it in that context. Naughty, naughty.

Yes this was about the lack of love of ONE particular rude JW. I know I would have approached the situation with more tact if I could see that the parent was oblivious to the distraction caused.

What I took exception to was, taking this one incedent and deciding that most are unloving, which could be true, but definitely not concludable from this incedent.
    Respect

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Of course these same parents would be counseled if they left the infant home with a babysitter.
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

So very true.

It is an unloving act when you're expected to be there with your kids no matter what. Then, when you're there, they have to be silent at all times. No one was bothered by this but that elder. Did anyone have a problem with him doing this??? No. That's a problem!

As a parent, the importance of being there with your family counts so that attendance numbers are up, but you don't really count.

How dare he bitch about an INFANT snoring!!!!!!!!!!! He shouldn't have said ANYTHING about it, period!!!!!!!!! That's the point!!!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have to say I am glad I was not in that hall.

When my daughter was an infant, she saw fit to take her poop during the evening meeting. She would grunt LOUDLY. You would see heads turn to whereever she was. One time an elder and his wife were holding her!! People would giggle. Whenever my girl made a fuss, there were a few sisters who would offer to help. Never, until I was df'd, was I made to feel that my daughter bothered the hall ....... or the meetings. At bookstudy even, the householder always had a bedroom and rocking chair available so I could nurse the baby.

Not all halls are that way......but the ones that act like DaCheech's hall deserve to be shamed!

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I think I would have smiled sweetly and apologized profusely and gathered my little one up and hussled him home. If the sound of a child snoring is that disrupting, I would claim a medical problem and tell them I will come back when it is cured!

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

What???was someone upset because the infant stole the show? I would like to see the Supreme Court figure this one out!! That would keep'em busy for awhile.

LOL...I love you guys.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Does the baby have a name?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I never had any problem with snoring babies.The slightest 'peep' out of them and they'd be belted outside.No elder had to tell me my kids were noisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit